• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Small Backpack Recommendation

elemmac

Angel Diva
I also picked up the 20l because it was on sale at REI. It says women specific and has a shorter frame. Hmmmmm
My 12L is the women's version...I'm not sure if the women's and men's 12L size are/were different, but that could definitely make a difference.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
My 12L is the women's version...I'm not sure if the women's and men's 12L size are/were different, but that could definitely make a difference.
Yes, indeed. A longer back around 21” …I’m looking for the women’s, or might keep the 20l, although I don’t really need the space. I think I want to carry my skis with it…we will see.

zwischen

Diva in Training
I got a Gregory Nano 18 Hydration Pack that works great.
https://www.rei.com/product/218021/gregory-nano-18-h2o-hydration-pack?color=RED ROCK

Holds snacks, keys, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and lip balm, as well as any layers I inevitably shed throughout the day. The bladder holds 3 liters and has its own compartment. I added on the insulated hose, and it keeps my water from freezing in the tube (though installing it was a beast).

I was super pleased to see Gregory has plus size specific versions of their packs, too.

Beckster

Certified Ski Diva
Do people not have issues cleaning the straws and containers on hydration reservoirs? I got a camelback when it was the new thing and couldn't keep it clean, but here we are, many years later, and people still like them, so I guess everyone is dealing with it okay?
The key is to empty and dry it out after every use. The hose detaches so I usually hold the mouthpiece and spin the water out of hose outside. Then hang the hose from the mouthpiece and the bag upside down with a scrunched up paper towel at the main opening to both prop the bag open and leave a corner hanging out to act like a wick to disperse the moisture into the air. As needed I give it all a good soak with baking soda, rock salt, and warm water and clean the mouthpiece with a Q-tip.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly