• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: SLC dog boarding recommendations needed

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Hello Divas, I need help finding a really good quality dog boarding place for my two dogs, for a week in March, while I ski at Brighton. One of my doggies is deaf so has some special needs. We are on a two month ski adventure and they are mostly staying with me but they are not allowed in BCC. Thanks in advance!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello Divas, I need help finding a really good quality dog boarding place for my two dogs, for a week in March, while I ski at Brighton. One of my doggies is deaf so has some special needs. We are on a two month ski adventure and they are mostly staying with me but they are not allowed in BCC. Thanks in advance!
Before I ask a friend out there I want to make sure I understand what you need. You are going to be up in big Cottonwood Canyon for a week and your dogs cannot be with you, correct? So you need a place that can handle two dogs one with special needs for an entire week.

Do you have a car so you can go visit them while you are out there? I am feeling for those little furry creatures already!

newboots

Angel Diva
I've used rover.com in the past. You have a lot of choices (at least, I did), and reviews to read, and a chance to interview dog-sitters.

Sparky

Angel Diva
A few years back we found a recently retired couple on Rover that was awesome and reasonably priced and we used them the whole week we were there. They lived at the bottom of the canyon (Sandy or Jordan?), about 20 min from Alta/Snowbird. They will however take in a few dogs at a time so not sure if that’s a good or bad thing for your dogs. I can look for their info if this might be of interest.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Ok, so I will try Rover. And yes, @Abbi please ask your friend. That is exactly what I need. A good safe kennel boarding place for my two dogs for 7 days — my Mojo was born deaf and we do some sign language but he is extra nervous in new places. I will have my car. Thanks!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok, so I will try Rover. And yes, @Abbi please ask your friend. That is exactly what I need. A good safe kennel boarding place for my two dogs for 7 days — my Mojo was born deaf and we do some sign language but he is extra nervous in new places. I will have my car. Thanks!
I will let you know what I hear! My friend lives in Draper and has two herding dogs. Definitely high energy critters! I know she has people that go to her house if she is away for the day to take them out for a walk. And she would not recommend anybody who she did not trust or had not heard very positive things about.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just heard back: She uses Dogtown in Sandy or K9 Lifeline in Draper. We both agreed that Sandy is closer to the canyons. She lives in Draper so that makes sense for her. I was there one day when we were going skiing and dropped off the pups. I just can’t remember, for the life of me, which one it was! It wasn’t necessarily beautiful but the dogs were so excited you could tell it was a great place for them. She also said to make reservations as far ahead as possible. Best of luck finding a place for your babies!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I'd check out the Rover options first -- some of them board at their home, others will come to your place daily, etc. There are lots of reviews available, too. I'm just thinking that Jo and Lucy might be more comfortable in a home setting.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Thanks @Abbi, @altagirl, and @TNtoTaos. I truly appreciate you. And @altagirl please do ask your friends, if you think of it, who they use. I want to have options. This is so much the hardest thing for me to do — leave my doggies with someone else. But we are on a 2+ month adventure and they will be with me every other bit of the way. I have rented a VRBO in Leadville with a fenced yard — main requirement, lol! Side note — @altagirl I remember a video you posted with your dogs (isn’t one called Waffles???) where you told them to go “frolic”. I just loved that (!!) and use it now with my Lucy when I let her out. Love this forum! Muchas gracias

Sparky

Angel Diva
We try to take our guy wherever we go too so I get it! Here’s the rover we used three years ago…
Check out Shauna's pet care profile on Rover:

Super nice couple that took really good care of our dog and was very communicative and sent us pictures everyday. They have a fenced in yard and walked our dog 1-2 times a day. We didn’t board our dog but dropped him off in the mornings and picked him up after skiing for 5 days. We‘re actually planning a snowbird/Alta trip maybe next month and would likely reach out to them. Check them out and see if it’ll work for you!

teppaz

Angel Diva
This doesn’t apply for the current situation but I thought I’d mention it as a resource for pets: we use TrustedHousesitter for our rabbit and have been very happy with it. You have to be comfortable letting someone stay at your house though — they get free accommodations in exchange for looking after your pet. There’s no money exchanged.

Because sitters get reviewed, there’s an incentive. I think we’ve done it about 7 times now, and in fact the next sit will be while I’m at Big Sky in February.

altagirl

Staff member
So I verified that mine does home visits only. Most of my friends trade dog sitting amongst each other but I know one uses Diggity Dog in SLC, on 300 W about 1500 S, just north of the costco and walmart over there.

KimarieSnow

Certified Ski Diva
I definitely 2nd, 3rd or 4th recommend: ROVER.com That’s how we found our dog sitter!! Our dogs are children to us too… so I completely relate to family needs. ❤️

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna