• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skisailor's Virgin Islands Trip

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Ok . . . so, in trying to live up to my "name" thought I'd post a few pics from my late May/early June bareboat charter in the British Virgin Islands.

I know there are Divas still skiing :jealous:, but I have to say . . it was pretty cool to be skiing with MSL on May 1st at Sugarloaf and sailing in the B.V.I. on May 31st. :smile: Definitely a first for me to have two such great and varied trips so close to each other.

Enjoy . . . (no shots of me in these since I'm behind the camera but will see if I can remedy that soon).

https://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/Skisailor/Virgin Islands 2011/

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Way to go, Skisailor! :becky::clap:
Looks like it was terrific.
See you soon! :smile:

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
looks like it was fun!
I love the BVI . . .I've done a sailing trip there (crewed not bareboat) for the past 2 years and I'm going again in April!

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
great pix! Not to sound dumb (I know I could not do it...) can you sail that boat by yourself?

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Hi Kiragirl and vanhoskier!

<waves>

Yes! It's possible to sail the boat "yourself". That's what we did here. As a "bareboat" charter, we had no captain or professional crew aboard. Or did you mean - can I sail it alone? Probably - but the way this boat was set up, it would have been difficult, especially in windier weather. I singlehand my own sailboat on the Chesapeake all the time - but it's smaller than the charter boat, which was a 40 footer.

Was planning to post more pics, but my crewmates have been slow in sharing their pictures!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna