• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skis for very petite women...

jgj

Diva in Training
I came upon this thread since Im petite (5'0" 103 pds) and am looking for a pair of powder skis. I currently ski the Volkl Kenja in a 149 (great front side skis and up to 4 inches of new snow). They aren't great in crud or tracked up power but are great in the bumps-very quick. I also have a pair of Blizzard Shivas in a 156 which I spend most of my time on. They ski short because of the rocker, waist is 105 and it is a heavier ski so it cuts through the crud and cut up powder without me being thrown all around Love them both for different conditions.

I live in the west and my playground is Vail-ski almost exclusively in the back bowls. I have been spending time in Utah lately so now Im looking for a second pair of powder skis. I tried the Line Pandoras in a 157-waist is around 105-rocker so skis short. Very light and could use these all mountain but I did get thrown around a bit when the snow got heavy. Any suggestions on a powder ski for a small woman? Hard to find because most are too long

marzNC

Angel Diva
Any suggestions on a powder ski for a small woman?
Hello! I'm your height and about 10 pounds heavier. I know what you mean about most powder skis being too long. Most of my deep powder experience has been at Alta/Snowbird.

Have you ever tried the DPS Nina 99? That's my go to ski when I'm at Alta. Especially when I'm having a lesson off-piste. My usual Alta instructor doesn't want me to be on skis any wider. I had fun on the Zelda 106 @158 at Snowbird one day when I found some powder that was 8+ inches.

I enjoyed the BP98 @152 at Taos last winter after 9 inches of fresh snow. But no black terrain was open. Did very well in a short section of soft bumps that was reasonably steep though. Instructors at Taos prefer shorter lengths since the specialty is not deep powder but big bumps and tight, steep trees.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I came upon this thread since Im petite (5'0" 103 pds) and am looking for a pair of powder skis. I currently ski the Volkl Kenja in a 149 (great front side skis and up to 4 inches of new snow). They aren't great in crud or tracked up power but are great in the bumps-very quick. I also have a pair of Blizzard Shivas in a 156 which I spend most of my time on. They ski short because of the rocker, waist is 105 and it is a heavier ski so it cuts through the crud and cut up powder without me being thrown all around Love them both for different conditions.

I live in the west and my playground is Vail-ski almost exclusively in the back bowls. I have been spending time in Utah lately so now Im looking for a second pair of powder skis. I tried the Line Pandoras in a 157-waist is around 105-rocker so skis short. Very light and could use these all mountain but I did get thrown around a bit when the snow got heavy. Any suggestions on a powder ski for a small woman? Hard to find because most are too long
Check out Outdoor Divas at Lion's Head. They have a free demo day at on some Saturdays's at Vail or the 1st Thursday of the month at Loveland. https://outdoordivas.com/

I'm 5'1", 100 lbs. Just bought the Black Crow Camox Birdie, 97 mm waist, 156 length. Skied them today in Aspen in choppy snow. No getting thrown around on these skis. Next step up would be the Black Crow Artis Birdie 108 waist, 160 length.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Check out Outdoor Divas at Lion's Head. They have a free demo day at on some Saturdays's at Vail or the 1st Thursday of the month at Loveland. https://outdoordivas.com/

I'm 5'1", 100 lbs. Just bought the Black Crow Camox Birdie, 97 mm waist, 156 length. Skied them today in Aspen in choppy snow. No getting thrown around on these skis. Next step up would be the Black Crow Artis Birdie 108 waist, 160 length.
I've been on my Black Crows Camox Birdie in the 156 for the last 3 days at Heavenly. I'm 5'1 around 105! Bought last season and love them...

MissySki

Angel Diva

Ohhh did you enjoy the Camox Birdies in Aspen overall? I've been trying to decide if I will bring my Sheeva 9s or the Camox Birdie for diva west out there..

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

In addition, I really enjoy the Camox Birdie's in the bumps.

Analisa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@jgj I’d look at an older Pandora if you’re open to one as wide as 110. It’s a little heavier & happier in the crud. Or the Line Sir Francis Bacon Shorty is a favorite of one of my friends who’s under 5’

Belgiangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@jgj I’d look at an older Pandora if you’re open to one as wide as 110. It’s a little heavier & happier in the crud. Or the Line Sir Francis Bacon Shorty is a favorite of one of my friends who’s under 5’
I'm 5'4 and ski the 2018 Line Pandora in a 172cm. It has a lot of rocker so skis short, turning radius is 16m. Love love love them! Skied them in 18 inches of powder today and it was the best :becky: Best thing, they're not strictly a powder ski so surprisingly forgiving on hardpack. I even skied them on icy old snow without too much trouble. Would say they're so and so in frozen crud, but that goes for most skis. Chopped up snow is fine. They come in a 162cm too, might be worth checking out :smile:

Belgiangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'4 and ski the 2018 Line Pandora in a 172cm. It has a lot of rocker so skis short, turning radius is 16m. Love love love them! Skied them in 18 inches of powder today and it was the best :becky: Best thing, they're not strictly a powder ski so surprisingly forgiving on hardpack. I even skied them on icy old snow without too much trouble. Would say they're so and so in frozen crud, but that goes for most skis. Chopped up snow is fine. They come in a 162cm too, might be worth checking out :smile:
Google tells me they even come in a 152cm! Might feel short because of the tip rocker though.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wait! You and @lisamamot both have Sheeva 9's and Camox Birdies?
@WaterGirl we need to try the Sheeva 9's!!!

What? too funny. I'd love to try them, but I really was looking to get something narrower.... like 85ish maybe a little more carving capable????

I already own a 94, 97.5 and 98 clearly I will be questioned if I buy another 90 lol.

But I have to say I've been riding the crows on the mountain when I'm not on my AT gear and loving them ;)

lenap3

Certified Ski Diva
If you're not opposed to a junior ski, I'm 5'0 and around 95-98lbs lbs and have the DPS lotus grom skis on my radar! Hoping to get them for my birthday although my parents might question why I need a second new pair of skis this season haha. I tend to prefer lighter skis to heavy, so I tend towards junior options. Another ski with rocker that I'm hoping to demo is the Coalition Snow SOS in a 155. I generally haven't loved a 150+ ski but I love my poppy's (their Jr ski) but wish they were a tad longer (super duper in bumps, though, because they're crazy light).

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Wait! You and @lisamamot both have Sheeva 9's and Camox Birdies?
@WaterGirl we need to try the Sheeva 9's!!!
Hahaha! I demoed the Camox Birdie but did not purchase.....yet! Loved it though - such a huge confidence builder in conditions where I would normally back off and be more tentative. I have the pre-metal Santa Ana 100 but the Camox Birdie gives them more than a run for their money in the conditions we were in. Wish I had brought the Santa Ana with me so I could have done a back-to-back comparison. If the Camox Birdie is not pink next year, I am in trouble.

I did purchase the Sheeva 9 though :thumbsup: @WaterGirl , they are a 92 and so different than your 94.....just sayin’. Worth a demo!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Hahaha! I demoed the Camox Birdie but did not purchase.....yet! Loved it though - such a huge confidence builder in conditions where I would normally back off and be more tentative. I have the pre-metal Santa Ana 100 but the Camox Birdie gives them more than a run for their money in the conditions we were in. Wish I had brought the Santa Ana with me so I could have done a back-to-back comparison. If the Camox Birdie is not pink next year, I am in trouble.

I did purchase the Sheeva 9 though :thumbsup: @WaterGirl , they are a 92 and so different than your 94.....just sayin’. Worth a demo!
Find the 2017 Camox Birdie. It's dark purple

MissySki

Angel Diva
Find the 2017 Camox Birdie. It's dark purple

I think it's hard to find any past season pairs for sale! At least it was in my size, I scoured the internet for new and used and couldn't come up with any purple as that was my preference as well. I actually am a person who loves pink though, so no biggie I just like purple more so would have liked it if I could find it! I have a pair of bright pink pants as well as a purple pair, so I guess in either case I ran the risk of being a bit more matchy matchy than I prefer with my skis lol, but o'well they get covered in snow anyway!!

@lisamamot does not like the pink at all, so more of a problem.

As an aside, I actually hated the Sheeva 9 topsheet at first, but since I've had it it has started to grow on me. I don't care for the colors still, but I like the subtle glittery feathers.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@MissySki missy @lisamamot
2 purple years that I know of

15/16 not as pretty think may have changed dims for next year

16/17 the year @santacruz skier and I have. They were pretty much sold out by Feb as my local shop was out and I think evo had 3 pairs left. That was the year they really started marketing/supplying the US. So chances of getting the purple are pretty slim. But they do seem to change colors a lot .... remember some of the unisex touring skis are pretty bright - pink green red they don't seem to be shying away from bright in their clothing either.

@lisamamot li really need a more narrow ski to work on technique....

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@MissySki missy @lisamamot
2 purple years that I know of

15/16 not as pretty think may have changed dims for next year

16/17 the year @santacruz skier and I have. They were pretty much sold out by Feb as my local shop was out and I think evo had 3 pairs left. That was the year they really started marketing/supplying the US. So chances of getting the purple are pretty slim. But they do seem to change colors a lot .... remember some of the unisex touring skis are pretty bright - pink green red they don't seem to be shying away from bright in their clothing either.

@lisamamot li really need a more narrow ski to work on technique....
I do bright I just don’t do pink if I can help it. If I was really in the market I would get the pink. That said, I am not, should not, so I will use color to hold me at bay!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna