• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: SkiLogik Ullr's Chariot

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone tested this ski? The shop near me have these on sale at half price and I can have them for really good price (almost silly as I can also have discount on bindings if I buy them together) but unfortunately they don't have a pair in my size mounted so I can't demo. I liked the flex of a ski but they seem to be not rockered, just twin tips, so I am not certain how they would handle - I haven't ridden a ski without rocker since I retired my old Auras. I was quite surprised that skis without rocker are still being made these days, even my Magnums have an early rise and they are full-on piste carvers. I noticed that they are somewhat shorter and more narrow than the stated length/width. At 168 they are about 166, and according to website the width is 100, but I measured them at 95mm - which is not an issue as I reckon mid 90s to be the most versatile width. I am looking to replace my Bushwackers for next season with something a little wider that would handle variable conditions a little better. No shop in the resort unfortunately carries Sambas, though I saw fatter Blizzards in couple places. The ski is gorgeous but this is the least of my concerns. Any information and first hand experience (or second hand experience for that matter) are welcome!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Here are some reviews and discussion from epicski, but somewhat old (skis haven't dramatically changed, however):
https://www.epicski.com/products/2012-ski-logik-ullrs-chariot-ski
https://www.epicski.com/t/109313/ski-logic-ullrs-chariot-tt

I've got another model (Isis, great name :rolleyes:), which I reviewed not long ago. I didn't take measurements as you did, however, just skied it. I would put this model on par with Nordica Hell's Belles for suitability/performance. I don't miss the rocker at all - but spent years without and don't really notice. For its width (mine are 92), it performs admirably on hard snow, no problems. Hasn't seen powder yet.

Some discussion on these threads about the factory tune - mine needed a light tune out of the box, nothing major.

Obviously can't comment on the Ullr model, but all seem to have similar performance characteristics. I'd say go for it if you can get a great deal. Top sheets alone generate much discussion, performance is very high. Good luck.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you MSL! The shop also had Isis and they market them as touring skis due to lighter weight and flat tail. They all look so beautiful! I probably will try to rent some full-cambered skis for a day (if I can find any) to see how I get on before making a decision. I feel quite spoiled by rocker technology, I believe it really helped my progression in moguls.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Mine is actually the tt (twin tip) model, which apparently was not even made this year (they are 2014). Not sure why SL has eliminated the twin tip design of a couple of its models. The ski has a lot of camber, but as far as I know, this particular model DOES have some early tip rise (no visible rocker). It skis well, has guts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly