• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing without poles - did it today and magic happened

A couple of my students asked me last weekend what poles are used for and I resisted the urge to tell them its to poke snowboarders shhhhhhh. Since I went without them that day I have since had them with me every day but appreciate them now. I still do my drills with hands down, hold the poles so I can see my hands and stuff like that. I pole plant occasionally. It was a great exercise to ski without them and now I ski with them and appreciate the poles when I need them. I just use them when I need them and they are just something I hold otherwise. When I need work to keep my shoulders in line I either drag them behind me or hold them as such where I see my hands.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
A couple of my students asked me last weekend what poles are used for and I resisted the urge to tell them its to poke snowboarders shhhhhhh. Since I went without them that day I have since had them with me every day but appreciate them now. I still do my drills with hands down, hold the poles so I can see my hands and stuff like that. I pole plant occasionally. It was a great exercise to ski without them and now I ski with them and appreciate the poles when I need them. I just use them when I need them and they are just something I hold otherwise. When I need work to keep my shoulders in line I either drag them behind me or hold them as such where I see my hands.
You pole plant occasionally?? No moguls on your mountains?

@santacruz skier Hey no worries, my computer has freaked out on me more than once leaving duplicate posts :smile:. I haven't learned to do moguls yet, hope to maybe get there this season. I go down the very steep run that has moguls on it but I stick to the steeps on the right that doesn't have moguls on it. Soon :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier Hey no worries, my computer has freaked out on me more than once leaving duplicate posts :smile:. I haven't learned to do moguls yet, hope to maybe get there this season. I go down the very steep run that has moguls on it but I stick to the steeps on the right that doesn't have moguls on it. Soon :smile:
@surfsnowgirl I hope my post didn't sound offensive. I was half kidding. Today skied steep ungroomed runs at heavenly and could not do it without my poles!!!! I am loving the saffron 7's in the ungroomed but man are the kenjas getting lots of kudos.. We were skiing advanced/expert runs in the most awesome snow ( no I'm not an expert skier- haven't had a lesson in many years). Had a yard sale crash in deep snow today and released both skis. Which is good!!! I am older than you by many years with back issues (bulging discs) so be careful bending over picking up kids you're instructing.

@surfsnowgirl I hope my post didn't sound offensive. I was half kidding. Today skied steep ungroomed runs at heavenly and could not do it without my poles!!!! I am loving the saffron 7's in the ungroomed but man are the kenjas getting lots of kudos.. We were skiing advanced/expert runs in the most awesome snow ( no I'm not an expert skier- haven't had a lesson in many years). Had a yard sale crash in deep snow today and released both skis. Which is good!!! I am older than you by many years with back issues (bulging discs) so be careful bending over picking up kids you're instructing.

Hey no offense taken :smile:. I certainly can't imagine skiing some runs without my poles. I merely did it as an experiment cause I learned to ski without my crutch but in reality I love having them and appreciate them. Glad your Kenjas proved their greatness once again. Sorry about your hard sale but at least you released and landed in fluffy goodness :smile: Yeah I will taper off picking the kids up.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ah but not on the Kenjas... IMHO the Rossis are great in these conditions

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A couple of my students asked me last weekend what poles are used for and I resisted the urge to tell them its to poke snowboarders shhhhhhh
Wait, didn't you used to snowboard? :wink: (Or am I mixing you up with someone?)

Wait, didn't you used to snowboard? :wink: (Or am I mixing you up with someone?)

Nope that's me :smile: I used to snowboard so its a struggle. I didn't like a lot of snowboarders even when I used to board.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to snowboard so its a struggle. I didn't like a lot of snowboarders even when I used to board.
Ah. I feel the same way about cyclists. Some of the things cyclists do...

:neutral-with-hint-of-sadness-resignation-empathy:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly