• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Skiing with a Pibella FUD

blueskysunnyday

Angel Diva
Hi there. I have not skied yet this year (canceled one trip to Snowshoe in WV bc of COVID worries), but have 2 more (cancellable) trips booked (Snowshoe and Steamboat) this year. Putting aside the risks of traveling generally, I feel pretty comfortable with the Covid-safety of skiing. I will pack my food and drinks for the day and try to avoid gondolas.
My main hesitation is the bathroom while on the mountain. I ordered a Pibella female urination device that is pretty small and easy to use. It is not a funnel — more of a straw. Has anyone used one of these with ski pants? With regular pants, I don’t think I would necessarily need to pull them down. I would just open the fly. Also, I can’t decide if I will actually be comfortable pulling over into trees to use it. Is this even legal?? Is this disgusting? What are your thoughts? If I can’t get comfortable with using the public bathrooms, should I just give up on skiing this year? Thanks so much!

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Test it and practice with it in the comfort of your home, building up the layers of clothing and complexity as you go. If you can't be efficient and comfortable there, I don't see how you can use it on the mountain.

I think others have addressed the legality in another thread and may chime in here.

newboots

Angel Diva
I don’t know what the ski areas would say, but I’m pretty sure there are skiers of a different gender who are marking territory off the trails. In fact, I’ve seen it happen. :wink:

StayWarm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If using the Pibella I'd be most concerned about whether you can find a safe and private location to do the deed, as it were. Depending on the resort and level of crowding, stopping in the trees where someone coming down can't see you could be a recipe for a collision.

I'd instead consider having a high quality mask (like an N95, if you can get one), and keeping it in your pocket to use solely for bathrooms so it stays dry. Follow up with hand sanitizer before putting your gloves back on, and your level of exposure will likely be less than than what you'd experience traveling to the mountains, especially if flying. I say that knowing that we all have different comfort levels with exposure in different environments. I'm mostly comfortable using public restrooms, but can't get comfortable with using a resort parking shuttle. :noidea:

Christy

Angel Diva
I'd instead consider having a high quality mask (like an N95, if you can get one), and keeping it in your pocket to use solely for bathrooms so it stays dry.

I think this is a great idea. I personally am comfortable using public restrooms and have done so many times in a normal mask. With what we know about transmission, it just doesn't seem like a problematic spot.

Depending on where people ski, if they are planning to pee in the trees, there are also tree wells to think about. I don't think there actually would be a private enough spot to pee without putting a person at substantial risk of this here in the snowy PNW. Even on a quiet day on the slopes here, people still ski by.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly