• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing in Colorado in May 2020?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Nice pictures here of A-Basin's first day open on Wednesday: https://www.5280.com/2020/05/what-a-basin-looked-like-on-day-one-of-its-reopening/ Particularly interesting to see how they're managing separation in lift lines.
Best report I've found of the May 27 re-opening was by the Summit Daily News. There are videos on the Summit Daily Facebook page, including one showing people checking in just before the lifts started running.

May 28, Summit Daily News
https://www.summitdaily.com/news/ar...ng-day-of-the-season-after-covid-19-shutdown/

marzNC

Angel Diva
No for Saturday. :-/
Oh boo! :frown:

Looking at the comments for today, there are other passholders who are 0 for 4. Don't know what will be different but below is what Al posted today and is at the top of the webpage for the re-opening. Also noticed "PLEASE do not make a reservation if you aren't sure you can make it. Demand is HIGH" was added to the webpage . . . in bold.

"We have identified some issues with the drawing and made some adjustments. Please READ AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY. Thanks."

Jilly

Staff member
They should be able to track who had a reservation and remove them for 2-5 days if they should try to get again right away. Fair is fair....

marzNC

Angel Diva
They should be able to track who had a reservation and remove them for 2-5 days if they should try to get again right away. Fair is fair....
There is now a note that duplicate entries will be deleted. Can't remember if that was on the website before or not.

Obviously doing a drawing daily was a very last minute decision. Hopefully the process will get sorted out in the next day or two. For any programming that involves matching, need a little time to design, program, and test. Hard to do that in less than 48 hours. Not something that can be done too well without sleep.

Christy

Angel Diva
Crystal has started with reservations and it sold out immediately. There are lots of angry people on Facebook. Given the weather this weekend I have to imagine that conditions will be a little rough, but I get that people want to ski.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I went yesterday and it was great and weird! My expectations were incredibly low and the skiing was actually pretty good. I do have pics and will post a writeup soon. It's just seemed weird the last few days to be posting a skiing TR with everything else happening in the world and on the forum but I will get to it soonish.

marzNC

Angel Diva
If anyone wants to see pics before @RachelV posts her TR, Tony Crocker happens to be in Colorado visiting a friend. His friend got a reservation and invited Tony to go along since it's can be for two people (each has to have a pass). Tony's friend has an A-Basin pass and Tony has Ikon. Apparently the outdoor grill was open for people who didn't bring their own lunch.

Arapahoe Basin, CO, June 1, 2020
https://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14229

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well, it's not May any more but Tony Crocker found snow in Colorado on his way back to California. It's somewhere near Independence Pass. He also stopped by the site of Camp Hale and took a picture of the big monument to the 10th Mountain Division. There was a kite skier at one of the places with more than enough snow for turns. The wind was in the right direction so the kite provided power so that hiking for turns wasn't necessary.

https://www.firsttracksonline.com/b...&t=14240&sid=cf0ac3cb991b4e27f6c869444e5a505a

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965