• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Skiing at Telluride

diversue

Diva in Training
Can anyone help me decide if I should go to Telluride next winter? It looks like a great place on paper, but I am a late in life beginning type skier who is at best advanced beginner/lower intermediate. I do not like ice or narrow, steep runs. I have taken lessons, so just need to practice I guess. I love Snowmass with its greens and easy blues, and Snowmass is usually not icy or too narrow for me. What are some of the runs I should consider at Telluride, and are the runs rated true to degree of difficulty? Thanks.

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Sue,

Keep in mind that trail difficulty ratings are for THAT resort only. Blue runs at Snowmass may not be the same as a blue run at any other resort.

That being said, I think you'll have plenty to keep you busy at Telluride. I've been there a couple times, and there are lots of greens and blues to pick from. Telluride goes one step further, and they classify the easiest greens with one circle, and slightly harder greens with two circles. Easy blues are one square, and slightly harder blues are two squares. That makes it very easy to tell what kind of trail you are getting into.

And the town of Telluride shouldn't be missed. A beautiful place to spend a ski vacation.

I'm sure that Amy (Telluride Ski Babe) can give you more details on the town and the runs!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
While Telluride is known for its steep terrain, there are actually plenty of beginner and intermediate runs to keep you happy. As Lori points out, we do have double greens and double blues, so it's really easy to self-select the terrain best suited for your ability.

And, Telluride is one of the last quaint ski towns around (we have no malls, no chain stores, etc.). I may be a little biased, but I think everyone should ski here at least once...(most, having skied it once want to come back time and again).

diversue

Diva in Training
Telluride Trails

Thanks for the replies! Can you tell me names of the easiest blues? I realize single blues are easier than double blues, but also know that some single blues are more friendly than others.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you look at the trail map on the resort website, I would say that (generally) the blues off of Chair 4 (Village Express) are the easiest on the mountain. The blues off of Chair 5 (Polar Express) are a bit more challenging, but only certain aspects. And the blues in Prospect Bowl are kind of steep in some spots, but are generally very gentle (and beautiful!). PM me if you want more details!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna