• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing again after injury

asherz515

Certified Ski Diva
This is really interesting to me. Everyone keeps telling me its time to slow down. Why would I give up something I love? ACL surgery was brutal, but I plan on going back. Any sport will leave you at risk for injury. My oldest blew out her knee a 13 with 2 surgeries. It was horrid, I never told her to give up or quit. I think you are just as risk sitting on the couch doing nothing. My surgeon (even though he probably is biased haha) told me to NOT stop what I am doing. Yes I might have to slow down some and take it easy, but I hope to ski as long as I am able.

Babette

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't get the "slow down" attitude either. Why? Unless one absolutely had to for really horrible reasons! Professional and other athletes sustain injuries all the time and get back in the game. Why should it be any different for us?

Audski

Certified Ski Diva
So Divas,
Good news. I'm feeling rather well now and think I'm as close to recovered as I'm going to get. I've been working out, lost some weight, and feeling well. My son has also made a nice recovery and I started taking him to the gym with me to get some strength back in his leg. I finally got the settlement from the ski crash!! It wasn't a lot, but enough to replace my skis and reimburse me for all out of pocket medical expenses related to the crash, then a couple of grand extra for pain and suffering (we filed a claim with the parent's home owner's insurance). So I went out and got new ski equipment (Rossignol Temptation skis- same as I had before but this year's-.....and Technica Boots). I'm exited to my fresh return to the slopes as soon as mother nature permits. I'm still dealing with snarky comments from people reminding me "don't get hurt this year", umkay, thanks for the great suggestion. Hope we all stay healthy this ski season :smile:

asherz515

Certified Ski Diva
I don't get the "slow down" attitude either. Why? Unless one absolutely had to for really horrible reasons! Professional and other athletes sustain injuries all the time and get back in the game. Why should it be any different for us?
I agree. I might just run out of money fixing myself eventually haha. No reason to stop what you love doing.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@Audski - great news! So good to hear that you and your son are doing well and ready for the season!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna