• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing after pregnancy

theyardsaleexpert

Certified Ski Diva
Advice for skiing after pregnancy? I used to be an avid runner/skiier but due to some injury issues didn't do either during pregnancy. I'm now 6 months postpartum and going on my first ski trip since being pregnant. Even though it's been just a bit over a year since I last skied, I notice my body handles things differently after baby. Was it easy to get back to skiing after baby or did it take a lot of work to get back into it?

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found it to be like riding a bike...your body remembers what to do. That said, your endurance will take some time to build up again...

Good luck! Signed a 3-time mom who can no longer keep up with her "babies" on the slope...

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Technique wise, pretty easy, maybe a little harder to get my full endurance back (full disclosure not sure I'm there yet, I just dont get to ski full days that much anymore). Have you checked the fit of your boots recently?

theyardsaleexpert

Certified Ski Diva
Technique wise, pretty easy, maybe a little harder to get my full endurance back (full disclosure not sure I'm there yet, I just dont get to ski full days that much anymore). Have you checked the fit of your boots recently?
No I haven't. My shoes still fit during my pregnancy but I haven't checked my ski boot fit

mustski

Angel Diva
If your shoes still fit, your boots will probably be fine. Check your ski pants also. I had no problem losing my "baby weight" but my body changed shape and I had to go up a size. My feet and boobs grew a full size also and never returned to pre-pregnancy size. The skiing, however, came right back to me!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My shoes never changed sizes, but I had a pair of slightly uncomfortable boots that turned into excrutiating boots post pregnancy so its at least worth checking before you get out there.

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like the others have said I needed new ski pants and boots! I actually find I have great endurance this time around. I guess I’m used to carrying my kids around. I went skiing last year when the baby was a newborn and everything was pretty status quo. Have fun!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly