• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Skiing after laparoscopic endometriosis removal?

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey ladies, I just had a bunch of endometriosis removed laparoscopically 05Nov so super recent (and only 5wks after having my gallbladder out). For anyone who has had this done, did it affect your ski season? The umbilical incision is annoying

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I've had a few laparoscopies, including one ovarectomy. I found that I had very week abs for well over a month after all of them, especially with the ovarectomy. I was told It could take well over 6 weeks before really start to get strength back and can do more normal activities. Given how much skiing relies on your core, I wouldn't rush to get onto the slopes.

newboots

Angel Diva
Do you have restrictions on lifting? When the restrictions are lifted, maybe work with a PT or good trainer to begin to recover your ab strength. Go slowly! The season doesn’t truly get underway until January; that’s when we will have good snow! You’ll be healing well by then.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just had laparoscopic appendectomy, so not the same thing but I did have the umbilical incision and it was by far the most annoying of the incisions. I found it was irritated for 2 weeks and then it improved rapidly. I started back with rock climbing week 3 and found my endurance and ab strength was slightly decreased but rapidly recovered (well, still working on the endurance part) and today at the start of week 4 post-surgery I had my first ski day and didn't notice any changes in my skiing aside from typical beginning of season lack of ski legs.

I could only wear certain pants for the first three weeks, but this past week I've been ok with most pants including jeans which irritated the umbilical incision in the earlier weeks.

KBee

Angel Diva
I had this for endo as well. Never thought I'd literally contemplate my navel so much. It should not affect the season. The healing will pick up the pace soon. I remember 3 weeks was much, much, better, but the glue takes quite a while to come out. It will go back to normal! The anesthesia was the worst part for me.

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had this for endo as well. Never thought I'd literally contemplate my navel so much. It should not affect the season. The healing will pick up the pace soon. I remember 3 weeks was much, much, better, but the glue takes quite a while to come out. It will go back to normal! The anesthesia was the worst part for me.
Do you have restrictions on lifting? When the restrictions are lifted, maybe work with a PT or good trainer to begin to recover your ab strength. Go slowly! The season doesn’t truly get underway until January; that’s when we will have good snow! You’ll be healing well by then.

Ten lbs but in talking to my Dr today he says I will be good to ski end of month!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna