• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Skier's edge - how to minimize noise/vibration in condo?

sosubram

Diva in Training
I am excited with a used skier's edge we got, and loving the first few days on it. However, we live in a condo, and the noise / vibrations for our downstairs neighbor is loud...trying to see what we can do to reduce this. Any specific mat or padding suggestions that would work well?

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any dense foam mat/flooring under the machine will help somewhat. I notice not vibrations from that machine (my dh uses it in the garage) but the repetitive noise from the platform moving side to side.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are all kinds of mats on Amazon. I have those under my Pilates equipment. However under my spin bike I have a thicker but really inexpensive thick foam that I got at a discount company for next to nothing.

Jilly

Staff member
This thing makes a lot of noise. So far my neighbours haven't complained. But no body lives downstairs. The colour blocks are from the dollar store. But they moved with the motion. So I grabbed this grey mat from the cottage. It's from Ikea. 161170542701491130278.jpg

sosubram

Diva in Training
This thing makes a lot of noise. So far my neighbours haven't complained. But no body lives downstairs. The colour blocks are from the dollar store. But they moved with the motion. So I grabbed this grey mat from the cottage. It's from Ikea. View attachment 14691
Thank you - was thinking of getting these foam mats, but was concerned they would slip.

sosubram

Diva in Training
There are all kinds of mats on Amazon. I have those under my Pilates equipment. However under my spin bike I have a thicker but really inexpensive thick foam that I got at a discount company for next to nothing.
Thank you - yes, have been researching the mats + pads to put on the four corners on Amazon, that are typically used for treadmills. However, was not sure if they will be sturdy enough under the skier's edge. Hence was curious if others have experience.

sosubram

Diva in Training
I have the same noise problem with the skier’s edge - we are in a condo with neighbors downstairs. Have tried foam mats on the corners - but they slip… would love to get a recommendation on what has worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly