• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

SkiDiva success story

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
You all, I am so excited. Yesterday, I took the plunge and bought ski boots. (PLUS-- something that anyone who has been at home with kid(s) for the last year due to pandemic will understand-- I got to take the 1-hour drive to the ski shop ALONE! Gloriously alone. LOL)

Thanks to all of you awesome ladies, I was able to realize my old rental boots were WAY too big. (27.5s that I insisted on because of foot pain due to a wide spot.) Because of you, I went to a shop with actual boot fitters. Because of you, I was able to very accurately describe my current ski level and my goals. And because of you, I worked for 1.5 hours with the fitter on tweaking the fit to get it right (including bumping out the shell on that pesky wide spot!) New size 25.5.

I skied on them yesterday afternoon and was BLOWN AWAY at the difference it made. All the things I have been working on were so much easier! Staying fully parallel on blue turns, picking up a little more speed, using my edges, absorbing and moving with little bumps. OMG. My husband the skier was like, "wow, you looked really good out there today!" I have known what to do and been trying to do it all season, but couldn't until now!

Finally, because of you all, I was also able to read and learn that the amount of thigh soreness I was having in the new boots wasn't just my out-of-shape legs using different muscles, and I adjusted the cuff profile to allow me a more neutral stance (which I wasn't getting even while standing, though I am sure I also need to keep working on "getting out of the backseat.") And I won't be afraid to go back in to the fitter to tweak them further if needed.

My skiing advanced so much in one day. I am going to get so much joy out of these boots. Thanks for being awesome ski divas!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
THIS is TheSkiDiva way: women skiers coming through for other women skiers. I'm so glad you found the help you needed here, and so proud of our community for being there for you.

Congrats on the new boots. May they bring you loads of happy ski days.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
YAAYYYYYYY!!!!

(And oh, the glory of that time alone in the car... my husband doesn’t understand why he gets in my car and sometimes the radio is off... it’s because I can drive around in blissful silence)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly