• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Ward?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Visiting family on Cape Cod, I was plotting a route home to Vermont that would take me to a Wegman's and Trader Joe's when I spotted the familiar cluster of red lines on the Google map that indicate a ski area. Zooming in revealed a little area called Ski Ward. As a fan of small, local ski hills, I scrolled around their website a bit.

Has anyone skied here? It's an interesting map: a tiny hill, but apparently one with several black diamond trails and quite a few lifts for its size. I'd be curious to know what it's like.

Ward.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
I haven't been to Ski Ward, but it's really close to me. Probably 25 mins or so.. perhaps I should check it out sometime. I was just at the Wegman's in that area yesterday, such a dangerous store for my wallet lol.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've heard of it, but never been. For those who live nearby, it looks like it could be a good starter slope, especially for those still on the bunny hill. Only $18 for a midweek beginner hill ticket. And the kids' lesson packages are reasonably priced too. Keep in mind that out of all of those lifts, two are for the tube park. For the beginner area there is a magic carpet and a handle tow. To the top (220 vertical) there is a triple or a t-bar. And the blacks are short sections that feed into the beginner area. But again, it looks like a good place for locals to start out.

brooksnow

Angel Diva
Ski Ward is the kind of little local hill where people go to learn, kids play on a few park features, and race teams practice. Parents can watch the entire hill from the base or the bar, BTDT. Remember the disclaimer on all trail maps that the difficulty level is only compared to that area. The slightly steep sections are only a few short turns long.

If you're driving by anyway and want to add an area to your list, why not?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly