• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski trip to Park City in Feb.

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
My husband and I are looking to meet up with another couple in Park City in Feb for a 5 day ski trip. Never skied Utah before. Any suggestions on slopeside condos (2 bedroom/2 bath) for Park City Mtn or the Canyons? (Would love Deer Valley but just too pricey) I've been reading some about construction and problems at the Canyons and wonder if maybe we should stay away from there??? Any suggestions are appreciated.

SueBobTexas

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How good of a skier are you and your husband? I found Park City and Deer Valley is better for average blue/green skier's. I like the Canyon's - skied there last year but found it's slope more challenging than Park City and Deer Valley. I am not an agressive Black skier - I can ski steep but not a lot of moguls and deep (two feet) powder. I stick mainly to the tougher blues but then I like to ski all day and that is about all my body can manage. Someone else can probably give you more feedback if you are a black level skier.

If you are a solid blue skier I would suggest staying at the Canyons - you can always shuttle over to the other ski resorts or if you are driving it is not a long drive.

We looked at both Deer Valley and Canyons and found better rates at the Canyons. We got a pretty good deal on a three bedroom / three bath in the Escala lodges that are at the base for this January. If you send me a private message I will send you the specifics and you can check with the agent we used to see if they have something that would work for you. I also used Craigslist last year to get a condo (2 bed/2 bath) at a place near the Canyons but it was not ski in / ski out. I can give you that information also.

SueBobTexas

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where you able to find something? Also wanted to let you know we found a massage therapist who would come to your condo and give you a full 60 minutes for $75. Let me know if you want the information.

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for all the great info!

Thanks for all the info you sent. You got a great deal. We went ahead and booked at the Canyons (Sundial). Not such a deal as yours, though. Unfortunately the other couple we are meeting could only go over President's week so we had to pay Holiday rates. I just hope it's not going to be really crowded at that time--but at least we will be there during the week and not on the weekend, so that is good. You'll have to give us a ski report when you get back. Can't wait to hear how it went! Thanks again.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I gave SueBobTexas all the info I had. If she passed it on to you, there's not much I more I could give you as a local.

Just in case SBT scares you off of PCMR as being for "average blue/green" skiers, it has a lot more than that. I think the reason PCMR has some of that rep is because 1)the resort takes its grooming very seriously and 2)it markets itself as very "family friendly". Go take some of the runs off of Jupiter, Thaynes, Pioneer, McConkeys and see if they are for the "average blue/green" skier :smile: To me, The Canyons has always been kind of a "take the snow the way it is" and "locals" kind of ski area (I can't yet call it a resort...)

The construction issues at The Canyons shouldn't be an issue by the time you get here. They did open on the 10th. But, I do see trucks moving stuff around from the lower parking lot (where they staged the construction) still at night.

SueBobTexas

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree with you that the Canyons still needs some work before it is a full resort. The snow conditions can really vary around the mountain.

I think you are exactly right that PCMR is family friendly - when we were there with our kids it was great for the boarders/ skier combinations in our family.

For those unfortunate few who can only go a week at a time and once or twice a year we always roll the dice on ski conditions for the time we go. I think that can make some of the runs variable enough so we seem to see either really good conditions or just okay conditions. Fortunately there has only been one trip when we had really bad conditions with not much snow.

jfoxgrande

Certified Ski Diva
Just returned from Park City today, I had liftopia special at PCMR, but I visited my friends working at Canyons and although there are construction projects going on, the ammenities and conditions are still good, they moved the main gondola closer to parking lot gondola, which eliminates some of the walking, and the bubble lift looks cool although I hear you need to mind your poles, I understand a few folks broke their poles on the bubble. I'll also be at Canyons in Mid-January.

abc

Banned
Not such a deal as yours, though. Unfortunately the other couple we are meeting could only go over President's week so we had to pay Holiday rates. I just hope it's not going to be really crowded at that time--but at least we will be there during the week and not on the weekend, so that is good.
You can avoid the crowds at the Canyons by heading over to Dreamscape (all the way left on the trail map). It's mostly blue and black. Though relatively easy blue/black.

SueBobTexas

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
jfoxgrande - I will be there Jan 12 - 16th. Skiing the Canyons on the 13&14th and Deer Valley on the 15th. Let me know if you will be there around this time and maybe we can get in a few runs together.

My lady friends and I have a condo at the Escala Lodges at the Canyons - hope to host a few Divas who might be skiing there for a happy hour one day. We will be enjoying a break from our spouses.

Cheers!

SueBobTexas

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am looking forward to skiing that area this year. Last year there was so much snow there that it was up to our knees and after a few runs we moved over to the groomed runs.

ABC - if you are skiing the Canyons Jan 13&14 and want to catch a few runs together let me know.

lorrainelock

Certified Ski Diva
Park City

I am staying in PC right now. have been here for a week and I have to say that the mountain pretty much has every thing from easy to double blacks.. to rail park and superpipes. its an amazing place.
one of the couple we are here with have spent to days at the Canyons and prefer that. everything is easy to get around, so I say try something new every day !

lorrainelock

Certified Ski Diva
PC

but if you ar elooking for some nightlife / restauarnts / bars I would suggest staying at PC as opposed to the Canyons. however if its a ski and a hot-tun you want the Canyons seems to have really good accom deals

jfoxgrande

Certified Ski Diva
Have a great time, I had to move my trip, ...I have business in Vt and have been enjoying Stratton and Bromley Mtn. I wont see Park city until later in the season. Be there in spirit though...

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am staying in PC right now. have been here for a week and I have to say that the mountain pretty much has every thing from easy to double blacks.. to rail park and superpipes. its an amazing place.
one of the couple we are here with have spent to days at the Canyons and prefer that. everything is easy to get around, so I say try something new every day !

Please let me know how you were treated by the ticket scanners. I'd really like to hear from a guest about our service.

If you are still in town - rumor has it that Shaun White and some of his pro friends are going to be playing in the Superpipe tomorrow... Some were in town today already. I know they are boarders, but hey, they still are fun to watch! I had some scanners begging to work the Three Kings lift tomorrow so they could watch the happenings...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly