• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski slang.

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here are a few that were new to me:
CORAL REEF: The frozen/rethawed/refrozen show that is terrible to ski on and resembles a coral reef.
DUST ON CRUST: IMHO this is the most disappointing snow condition; it resembles beautiful snow but skis like boilerplate.
FROZEN CHICKEN HEADS: Small frozen clumps of snow that accumulate on refrozen wind-swept areas

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Here are a few that were new to me:
CORAL REEF: The frozen/rethawed/refrozen show that is terrible to ski on and resembles a coral reef.
DUST ON CRUST: IMHO this is the most disappointing snow condition; it resembles beautiful snow but skis like boilerplate.
FROZEN CHICKEN HEADS: Small frozen clumps of snow that accumulate on refrozen wind-swept areas
Dust on crust has been around for decades. Obviously I'm much older than you !!!!!! Coral Reef is a new one to me.

marzNC

Angel Diva
That reminds me . . . went out early one morning at Alta during late season. It was very warm the day before (50s at base) and the groomers had done their job before the temps cooled down overnight. Still quite frozen at 9:30am. What Naomi Wain called the snow that morning was "washboard." She was over 90 then.

We were the only two who bothered to go out from Alta Lodge when the lifts started running that morning. The payoff was getting first tracks on Rock'N'Roll, which had been closed the day before after a snowstorm. That meant 4-5 inches of fresh untracked powder on top of a groomed surface with nobody else in sight. Pure heaven!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna