• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Ski sizing

Mazsola

Diva in Training
Hello, I am new to this awesome community. I have a question for you shredding ladies out there:
What size of skis do you guys use for powder skis?
My level is intermediate/advanced, I am 5'4" and 135lbs. I like open mountain skiing, and some tree skiing as well.
I have a pair of brand new powder skis- K2 luv boat 108. The only thing is they are size 177 cm long. I don't know if that is too long?
I love the skis but they are in original wrapping and can't decide if I should sell them or keep them. I would love to keep them. I've spent hours looking for other powder skis for women (which is like almost impossible) and they are all available in long in sizes compared to by 165 cm I ski now.

So I was hoping some of you guys could help out.
Thank you!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have two pairs of powder boards, and am 5'5" around 135#. The go to everyday powder boards are 176 long and 106 underfoot. The other are 178 super soft and 115 underfoot. Good for only one thing: Powder. If the tip is super soft on the Luv Boat it will ski much shorter on firmer snow, if regular camber, trad non powder profile it will not and would probably be too long. Can you demo a pair on hardpack? That is usually my approach and then I try them on the long side if they are soft as too short if soft spells trouble if you like to drive your skis really hard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly