• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Safari in the Dolomites

bawc

Certified Ski Diva
I am considering a ski safari in the Dolomites in January. I have 2 options:
Plan de Corones, Alta Badia, Sellaronda, Passo S. Pellegrino, Cinque Torri area- 2 nights in San Lorenzo Mountain Lodge, 2 nights in refugios (1 in Giau Pass, 1 San Pellegrino Pass), 1 in San Cassiano
OR
Dolomiti di Brenda area- 1 night in Andalo, 2 nights in Madonna di Campiglio, 2 nights in Pinzolo (Lefay). I don't know anything about the skiing in either of these areas.

I was in Alta Badia (Corvara) this summer hiking, and it is all gorgeous. I am tempted to see different parts in option 2. Anyone have any insights or knowledge of these areas? Also concerned that some of the refugios are a bit high -one is over 7700 ft, and I do feel altitude...

Cyprissa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi! I’m based in Italy. I haven’t skied all of those mountains yet but I’d go with Option 1 and do the Sella and Cinque Torri which are amazing ski circuits. We ski Plan de Corones/Kronplatz every year and it’s got a bit of everything...bumps, super steep world cup blacks, etc. it’s one of my favorite mountains and really under the radar and relaxed.

Cyprissa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh and about the altitude, try to get there a couple days early just to acclimate and make sure you drink a lot of water.

bawc

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you, I will go with your suggestion. Unfortunately, I can't go early, this is a work trip, and I have been invited with a group of travel advisors that specialize in adventure and family travel.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am considering a ski safari in the Dolomites in January. I have 2 options: . . .
Have you picked a tour? May have to work a little to read it but wanted to note that the NY Times just posted a very detailed trip report about a 5-night guided ski safari in the Dolomites, presumably from last season. The author/skier is over 50 and an intermediate skier. Did end up with an unplanned "adventure run" on the first morning before she met up with a guide. Overall, she had a great time.

Nov. 25, 2019, NY Times
Hut Skiing in the Dolomites: Storybook Scenery and Grappa Included
The writer was looking for an alpine adventure. Then, she heard something wild — a “ski safari,” with multi-resort ski days and stays in family-run inns in the Italian Alps.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Have you picked a tour? May have to work a little to read it but wanted to note that the NY Times just posted a very detailed trip report about a 5-night guided ski safari in the Dolomites, presumably from last season. The author/skier is over 50 and an intermediate skier. Did end up with an unplanned "adventure run" on the first morning before she met up with a guide. Overall, she had a great time.

Nov. 25, 2019, NY Times
Hut Skiing in the Dolomites: Storybook Scenery and Grappa Included
The writer was looking for an alpine adventure. Then, she heard something wild — a “ski safari,” with multi-resort ski days and stays in family-run inns in the Italian Alps.
Nice article....... think would be a good trip if traveling alone......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna