• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski poles

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a big fan of adjustable poles. I'd messed around with a couple fixed length poles for years... one felt too short, one too long and I kept having it shortened more and more. Having the flexibility of changing the length easily has been great in allowing me to play around with different lengths.

I've currently got a pair of junior Leki trigger-grip adjustable poles. I'm short enough that I was able to get away with the junior version, which was a lot cheaper than similar adult poles.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I've got these:
https://www.grasssticks.com

Really like the lightweight bamboo poles BUT I'm thinking I ordered them too short. Instructor at Taos somewhat agreed. I originally ordered 42 inch and received them at home so had nothing to compare with but thought they were too long still (had 44 in for years).... So I sent them back and had them cut another inch off. So now maybe too short as feel I'm leaning too forward to plant. My stats: 5" 1 inch and >105 -

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's a way to check for the right length, according to the new dictates to use a bit shorter poles than in the past.

Out on snow, stand up tall, just standing, with your boots clicked into the bindings of your skis, on the flats in front of the lodge. Plant poles in snow beside you, gripping them as usual. Now look at your lower arms. Are they horizontal? If so, poles are a bit too long. Are your lower arms tilted so your hands are a little bit lower than your elbows? Poles are probably just right. Are lower arms REALLY tilted downward? Poles are too short. If hands are higher than your elbows, the poles are REALLY too long.

I got this from two PSIA National Team members in the last two years.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Here's a way to check for the right length, according to the new dictates to use a bit shorter poles than in the past.

Out on snow, stand up tall, just standing, with your boots clicked into the bindings of your skis, on the flats in front of the lodge. Plant poles in snow beside you, gripping them as usual. Now look at your lower arms. Are they horizontal? If so, poles are a bit too long. Are your lower arms tilted so your hands are a little bit lower than your elbows? Poles are probably just right. Are lower arms REALLY tilted downward? Poles are too short. If hands are higher than your elbows, the poles are REALLY too long.

I got this from two PSIA National Team members in the last two years.
I'll try that in a couple weeks. Tahoe getting hammered now and will be going up Dec 15 for several days.

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I always seem to get my poles tangled behind me (I know... they shouldn’t be there to begin with). I got adjustable lekis on Black Friday deal for $59.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna