• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski pants help please :)

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
I can vouch for the Orage Clara pants, DD's team uniform included these pants for the last two years and she just bought another pair in blue. They are very waterproof and she used the lightly insulated version year round (thigh zip). The fabric is SOFT and has a bit of stretch. The insulated version and a pair of soft shell pants is what she will be using this year.

I am moving away from Gortex. I truly believe there are much better technical fabrics available that have more stretch, breathability and less crinkle/noise. Polartech, Event, and some of the other brand's own DRW are much nicer than Gortex. I don't need some stiff noisy crinkly fabric for resort skiing, even when it has been dumping.

I do really like those orage clara pants, I just wish they were a little cheaper lol! I do get that quality things do cost money though :smile:

I didn't think about the relationship between GoreTex and stretch/noise lol, definitely something to think about. I would for sure prefer to find a good outlet store of some type so I can try things on in person instead of just buying things off the internet and possibly needing to ship it back

Also I'm not too sure how breathability ratings work but the GoreTex ones are rated at 20k compared to the 28k waterproofing. Does that sound pretty breathable? They're on sale for $147 originally $274 so I just wonder if they're the most "worth it" deal out there that I can find right now lol

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks so much for all the input everyone! :smile:

I think I'm leaning towards getting those Dakine goretex pants if I can't find something in a store this weekend thats a comparable price ($147). As a beginner who doesn't even know if I will continue skiing (chances are I definitely will ;) ), I don't want to be spending a million dollars. There were some good points about how since I am new I will be in a lot more contact with the snow, so I think the goretex might be a lifesaver there. I'm also a huge wimp when it comes to being cold so not being wet on top of it will be awesome. They're also lightly insulated.

They come from Evo.com too so it's kinda nice to know that I have 366 days to return/exchange. Maybe I can get them, wait for it to snow, and try them on and just see what they're like without actually "using" them haha!

Last edited:

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
I just went to the L9 ski swap in SLC. I ended up getting the Orage Martha pants. I'm wondering if they're a newer season than what L9 had on their website though. Website said 20k waterproof while the tag on the pants says 30k :smile:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just went to the L9 ski swap in SLC. I ended up getting the Orage Martha pants. I'm wondering if they're a newer season than what L9 had on their website though. Website said 20k waterproof while the tag on the pants says 30k :smile:

30k seems like overkill or, more likely, a misprint.

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
@bounceswoosh
That's exactly what I thought too haha! I almost asked and I wish I would have but I was already content with the 20k online so I wouldn't be bummed if it weren't 30 hahaha. I'd post a picture if I could figure out how to from my phone. It's printed right onto the pants too o_o

Last edited:

Nikole

Certified Ski Diva
Well apparently it is a real thing lol. Hopefully it doesn't feel like over kill too o_o

Attachments

• DEFBBFE7-DCC0-4074-8461-10E491F2612D.png
    DEFBBFE7-DCC0-4074-8461-10E491F2612D.png
    714 KB · Views: 6
  • F9AE992C-FEB6-497E-B15A-FF60D551713A.jpeg
    F9AE992C-FEB6-497E-B15A-FF60D551713A.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna