• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Pants for tall women?

Vista freak

Angel Diva
Does anyone know of a particular line that carries tall length ski pants? I get so frustrated going to shops and trying on floods.

I'm 5'10", 150 lbs and need at least a 34" inseam.

Has anyone gotten ski pants from Athleta?

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought some from Arc'teryx that are super duper long (they are the talls, not the regulars). Mammut are pretty long in the regular version, as well.

Also check on Rossignol ... I have some Rossignol Triba pants (regular length) that are long enough. Tribas are a few seasons old, so probably hard to find, but maybe some of their others are long?

I did just send back a pair of these pants (raspberry, size medium) to Sierra Trading Post -- they are duplicates of the ones I already own, it's so hard to find good long pants that I bought a second pair. But when I bought the Arc'teryx, I sent these back. They aren't up on the website yet, but check back. Or maybe even call? THey might put them in their Wyoming store, who knows.

Good luck, I feel your pain.

SierraMT

Diva in Training
I'm about your same build and I've tried North Face Men's pants in smaller sizes (at the time there were no tall sizes to be found) but my most recent find was actually on Sierra Trading Post and they were Spiders. They were advertised as a 32" inseam which would be way too short for me under normal circumstances. They fit a bit lower on the waist and also have such burly ankle elastic that no matter the epic wipeout or super deep powder day I have not had to clean snow out of my boots or look silly with pants-too-short ankle wings. Happy pants hunting!!!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I am in the same boat. The North Face (long) worked for me as well. I want to try Arc'teryx, I bought one of their shells last spring and love it, so I might see what else they have to offer. Pricey though.

Vista freak

Angel Diva
Thanks Ladies! I'm going to the ski show in Boston tomorrow. I've never been to one, and I'm not sure what merchandise the vendors are going to bring-but at least I'll have an idea of what to look for.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have two pair of regular length ski pants from Athleta. I know that tall women do like the Athleta stuff for the length. You can always send them back if they aren't long enough. I have 2 pair - the Powder Jean and a 4 year old version of the Fall Line pant. I really like both of them - they are both well made. Athleta says their talls are 3" longer than the regulars. It wouldn't hurt to try.

amazon_blonde

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am 6' with 36" inseam and have two pairs of helly Hansen pants. They would be a bit short with street shoes, but are fine with ski boots. I bought them over the north face falls because of bum fit and price. You have to special order TNF tall in Canada which is pricey.
Haven't tried arcteryx, but since they are local, I will check it out.

dawnRwright

Diva in Training
This is always a problem... my auntie is also having this problem and most stores in our area doesn't have a ski pants for tall women... this problem makes me annoy, they should have provided it since they are aware that tall women exist.... thanks for the posts.... am going to check online for these stores if they have an online shop to order it... thanks!.. ^^

Violet

Certified Ski Diva
My North Face ski pants are supposed to be a "Long," but I doubt the inseam is more than 32", maybe 33".

Vista freak

Angel Diva
I never got the ski pants last year, because I ended up getting new boots! This year however I did get the pants. I went to the Basin shop at Killington. They had a huge selection of black ski pants, and although not all were labeled "tall", they were plenty long. I ended up getting a pair made by Killy. They fit great and the fabric has a lot of give. I loved everything about them except the price. But they fit so well, I decided to splurge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna