• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski pants for big thighs but small waist?

Skaði

Diva in Training
Last season I got these Ortovox ski pants. The stiff but stretchy top comes up to the skinnyiest part of my waist and my big ole thighs have plenty of room. These are the most expensive clothing item I have ever purchased but since I've literally never had comfortable ski pants, I deserve it,haha.

https://www.backcountry.com/ortovox-guardian-shell-pant-womens

P.s. long-time lurker here, sorry to jump in from nowhere

laureen

Diva in Training
I have the same problem, usually i find them hat fit my legs but then they are too big on the waist, so annoying. I had been looking for a while, cos to be honest I couldn 't spend too much, then I bought a pair from Dope that you can adjust on the waist and to be honest they fit pretty well
https://www.ridestore.com/uk/girls/snow/ski-pants

Brennaan

Diva in Training
Do any of you ladies know of ski pants brands that have room in the thighs/crotch area ?
Most womens clothing feels weird on me. I go to the farming store to buy jeans because womens jeans dont work with my body . So I bought a new ski coat and pants. And its looking like I have the same problem. I borrowed the pants I used this last season and almost busted out the crotch. The new pants I bought are slightly roomier but I was hoping for them to have bigger thigh section. I'm considering checking out those baggy pants that male freestyle skiers wear.

I just found this thread as I was looking for new pants for backcountry as well as all around snowpants for my curvier figure. For reference, I usually wear a size 6/8, but I have larger, athletic thighs, and a larger butt. My waist is just about half the diameter of my hips. It makes it incredibly hard to find pants that fit around my hips, but aren't huge around the waist. Since a few people mentioned the Flylow brand, I found a ski shop in town that sells them. They did not fit well at all! Same issue for me, the mediums I can't even pull over my thighs, and the largest are way too loose around my waist (even with the velcro adjustable waist).

I checked out a couple other stores and finally found the Patagonia Untracked Pants in a medium. Somehow even the medium fit everywhere while not being super tight on my leg. They are just a Goretex shell, so I will need a baselayer on as well, but I tried them with my leggings and it wasn't an issue. FYI, I tried the equivalent Patagonia with insulation in a medium and I couldn't get them past my thigh. The Untracked was the only Patagonia style that fit.

Just wanted to give my experience, as I know the struggle well.

emmthorpedo

Certified Ski Diva
I hope everyone is safe and well. I know this forum is for skiing. I am looking for jeans and smart work trousers. Smaller waist, big buttocks and thick legs here. The waist-gap issues are the same as what I had for ski pants. Any similar women have any brands that accommodate the muscular pear? Im not fashion conscious but I currently look like a tied sack of potatoes when using a belt to cinch the waist together (I have to size up so they can fit over my thighs and glutes). matalan, Zara, target haven’t worked so far. Thanks

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hope everyone is safe and well. I know this forum is for skiing. I am looking for jeans and smart work trousers. Smaller waist, big buttocks and thick legs here. The waist-gap issues are the same as what I had for ski pants. Any similar women have any brands that accommodate the muscular pear? Im not fashion conscious but I currently look like a tied sack of potatoes when using a belt to cinch the waist together (I have to size up so they can fit over my thighs and glutes). matalan, Zara, target haven’t worked so far. Thanks
Ann Taylor curvy style pants work pants work well for me, I have small waist big hips as well.

emmthorpedo

Certified Ski Diva
thanks @Olesya Chornoguz and @MissySki . I will check Ann Taylor out. I usually live in skirts or spandex and have wanted a nice pair of jeans for a while. Too many brands I am trying are coming in at the waist, which is great, but then they are too small at the back. I get the atomic wedgie and the whole jean lifts up at the ankles. Would you say they can accommodate big glutes and have enough room back there (you both sound similar?)? Thank you again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna