• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski pants for big thighs but small waist?

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do any of you ladies know of ski pants brands that have room in the thighs/crotch area ?
Most womens clothing feels weird on me. I go to the farming store to buy jeans because womens jeans dont work with my body . So I bought a new ski coat and pants. And its looking like I have the same problem. I borrowed the pants I used this last season and almost busted out the crotch. The new pants I bought are slightly roomier but I was hoping for them to have bigger thigh section. I'm considering checking out those baggy pants that male freestyle skiers wear.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Flylow Donna is roomier in legs and glutes but not huge in the waist. The mammut robella used to be. The snowboard and freestyle pants are roomy in the legs glutes and waist which works but you have to wear a belt and cinch the waist in.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Flylow Daisy and find they are plenty roomy in the thigh without feeling super baggy. Nice, big pockets, too.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have bought Marmot and North Face pants that were roomy in hips area. Marmot XL shell pants I have are big in both hip and waist area so I need a belt when I wear them, they are long enough for me too - I'm 6'1" tall.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe it! ^^ If it helps, at the XL size at least, my experience is that Marmot, Columbia, and LL Bean run big, North Face runs small, and Flylow fits true-to-size and maybe a bit loose-but-not-baggy; Patagonia is true to size-ish, too. Roxy pants are true-to-size but always sit lower on the hips than I expect. Oh, and Obermeyer always fits true to size for me.

Burton snowboard pants seem to be all over the place in terms of size and fit depending on what style you choose; actually, @racetiger, that might be to your advantage: I recall trying on a pair that were quite roomy in the thigh area (though the waist was big, too). Can't remember the pant, but I bet scanning reviews for what people say about fit will land you on one or two Burton's that you might want to try on.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Funny, as a petite woman I've always needed a belt for ski pants regardless of the brand. Regular pants too. My hips haven't fit in Size 4 for a long time but the waist on Size 6 is too big. :smile:

Snowboard pants seem to have more pockets than ski pants for some reason. I'm still using the lightly insulated snowboard pants I bought over ten years ago for southeast skiing. Even has a see-thru pocket for my Massanutten season pass. Good for warm days when a vest makes more sense than a jacket.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah Pockets are awesome. Im leaning towards the snowboard or freestyle pants since I i want all that room haha. I already had to wear a belt with my current pants because they would slide down when i would get low in my turns or sit on the lift. I want to explore the terrain park fun- even though I havent tried doing grabs yet I dont want my pants to restrict my movement.
My martial arts teacher said "If you can't do a front kick in your jeans they're too tight!"

Last edited:

elemmac

Angel Diva
I've gone through more pants than I would care to admit to because I bought them and they ended up being too tight in the thighs/butt/hips area. When trying them on I try moving in every single direction...squatting, jumping, kicking. My husband generally just looks confused and asks, "when are you ever going to need to do that when skiing?". Needless to say...he doesn't understand the struggle.

The Flylow Donna
I have the Flylow Daisy

I'll jump on the Flylow train...The Nina pant is pretty fantastic, as is the men's Baker bib. I also have an older pair of Scott pants that are AMAZING.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
+1 on bib pants too! And mine have an adjustable waist area that you can pull in.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Update-- I found some pants by Bloom that have plenty of thigh and butt room without looking too baggy. The waist is too big but a belt/suspenders will help with that

Laynied03

Diva in Training
Do any of you ladies know of ski pants brands that have room in the thighs/crotch area ?
Most womens clothing feels weird on me. I go to the farming store to buy jeans because womens jeans dont work with my body . So I bought a new ski coat and pants. And its looking like I have the same problem. I borrowed the pants I used this last season and almost busted out the crotch. The new pants I bought are slightly roomier but I was hoping for them to have bigger thigh section. I'm considering checking out those baggy pants that male freestyle skiers wear.
It sounds like you and I may have a similar body type! I recently purchased the Marmot Slopestar pants and they are perfect! When I read another reviewer say that they must be for someone with "voluptuous hips" I was like oh yeah these will be perfect Here's part of my review on evo:
I cannot begin to express how happy I am with these pants! For sizing/shape purposes, I am a girl who is smaller in the waist but has hips and thighs albeit muscular. My hips often keep me from wearing a smaller size in pants and then the back of my pants typically gape at the small of my back. I often wear between a 10 and a 12 in regular pants. That said, I ordered these pants in a large and they fit perfectly! They are extremely figure- flattering, hugging my curvy hips and not too tight around my thighs and then I can adjust the waist on the inside to fit me appropriately. I'd take a look at them!

https://www.evo.com/outlet/insulate.../marmot-slopestar-pants-women-s-deep-plum.jpg

freckles

Certified Ski Diva
Obermeyer tend to be cut generously through the hip/thigh area and have an adjustable waist.
I've been using suspenders recently and like the security.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It sounds like you and I may have a similar body type! I recently purchased the Marmot Slopestar pants and they are perfect! When I read another reviewer say that they must be for someone with "voluptuous hips" I was like oh yeah these will be perfect Here's part of my review on evo:
I cannot begin to express how happy I am with these pants! For sizing/shape purposes, I am a girl who is smaller in the waist but has hips and thighs albeit muscular. My hips often keep me from wearing a smaller size in pants and then the back of my pants typically gape at the small of my back. I often wear between a 10 and a 12 in regular pants. That said, I ordered these pants in a large and they fit perfectly! They are extremely figure- flattering, hugging my curvy hips and not too tight around my thighs and then I can adjust the waist on the inside to fit me appropriately. I'd take a look at them!

https://www.evo.com/outlet/insulate.../marmot-slopestar-pants-women-s-deep-plum.jpg
I have wide hips and smaller waist - recently got a few pairs of Marmot ski pants on sale and they fit great!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna