• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

SKI Magazine's Top Resort

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
SKI Magazine's Top Resorts

SKI Magazine released its list of top 10 resorts today. These are chosen by SKI Magazine readers. Any comments?

The top 10 Western ski resorts:

1. Vail, Colo.
2. Deer Valley, Utah
3. Snowmass, Colo.
4. Whistler/Blackcomb, B.C.
5. Park City, Utah
6. Breckenridge, Colo.
7. Aspen, Colo.
8. Beaver Creek, Colo.
9. Steamboat, Colo.
10. Sun Valley, Idaho

The top 10 Eastern resorts:

1. Tremblant, Que.
2. Smugglers Notch, Vt.
3. Whiteface, N.Y.
4. Killington, Vt.
5. Sugarloaf, Maine
6. Stowe, Vt.
7. Sunday River, Maine
8. Okemo, Vt.
9. Holiday Valley, N.Y.
10. Bretton Woods, N.H.

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
In the west, I've been to 4 of the 10. Out of those, I would have put Deer Valley on top. The place is unbelievable.
In the east I've been to 6 of the 10, Stowe being my favorite on the list. The places I like to ski arent on that list...don't know if thats a good or a bad thing!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
SKI seems to base its ratings on a lot of different elements -- lodging, dining, nightlife, etc,. in addition to skiing. So if skiing is your number one priority, this isn't the list for you.

I look at it as a list of "resorts" instead of ski areas. I think that's more reflective of the overall content.

All the same, every year Vail and Tremblant have the top spots. And the list never varies much. Makes you wonder -- do they just recycle this or are they actually doing some research?

Jilly

Staff member
Not to sound cynical, but how about how much you pay the mag for ads? I ski Tremblant and I would rate it further down the list. Also how many people response to these surveys? How do you get a survey to answer?

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yearly rehash

There is only so much about skiing that is fresh and new to write about. So we get this tired, recycled, overdone yearly rating articles that are pretty meaningless. I am going to let my subscriptions lapse this year to both ski/skiing. I get much better info here, epic and realskiers.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like reading my old ski magazines in the summer by the pool when it is 105 degrees outside. It just makes me feel better. ;)

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know, as I've just posted in the favourite resort thread, Vail is the one resort I know I will keep going back to, it never disappoints. I know there are places that have more snow, and steeper more challenging terrain, but I like a lot for my money, and Vail delivers. I don't separate Beaver Creek from Vail, because I know I can ski there too on the same visit.

Whistler has great terrain, but the snow conditions are too variable for my liking, three trips there, and I will never go back. It shouldn't rain in a ski resort in February!

Aspen/Snowmass too, I can't wait to go back to, it's on the list to be revisited in the next Colorado trip.

I've been to 7 of the western resorts, and I live in Australia!!

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I read this list and I think of collecting baseball cards.

The top 10 Western ski resorts:

1. Vail, Colo. - Skied it
2. Deer Valley, Utah - Skied it
3. Snowmass, Colo. - Wanna ski it
4. Whistler/Blackcomb, B.C. - Really wanna ski it
5. Park City, Utah - Skied it
6. Breckenridge, Colo. - Skied it
7. Aspen, Colo. - Wanna ski it
8. Beaver Creek, Colo. - Wanna ski it
9. Steamboat, Colo. - Gonna ski it in March 2007
10. Sun Valley, Idaho - Really wanna ski it

The top 10 Eastern resorts:

1. Tremblant, Que. - Skied it
2. Smugglers Notch, Vt. - Skied it
3. Whiteface, N.Y. - Hiked it
4. Killington, Vt. - Skied it
5. Sugarloaf, Maine - Don't really wanna ski it
6. Stowe, Vt. - Skied it, gonna ski it again in Dec.
7. Sunday River, Maine - Skied it and rode in a ski patrol sled
8. Okemo, Vt. - Skied it and absolutely love it
9. Holiday Valley, N.Y. - Never heard of it
10. Bretton Woods, N.H. -[/QUOTE] Don't really care

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lola, I believe Holiday Valley is the old Mountain Creek in NJ. You know the place where the snowboarder flew into you, knocked you out of your boots and broke your poles in 3 places.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
No, Holiday Valley is in western New York State. I think it's somewhere south of Buffalo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly