• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

SKI Magazine's Best in Test

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you compare/ contrast the nela 88 and 96? What were the conditions when you demoed? I'm looking for a new all mountain west in the spring ski. For reference my daily driver is Laser AX in 161.
2/28/2020 Conditions were pretty perfect. Bluebird day with some leftover fresh snow. I took a lot of 2021 demo skis out in the early afternoon. I skied each on the same 2 runs in Big Sky: a steeper blue (I think it was ungroomed that day) and the upper 3/4 of a black mogul run with sparse trees. No hardpack.

My first experience on a Stockli was the Nela 88 (160) and I was in absolute heaven. I noted it was "nimble, smooth and best in test" The Nela 96 (156 or 164) notes say "confidence, stable glider, would like to ski in powder". My personal preference was the 88.

To add, in the 88 category I demo'd Santa Ana, Kenja, Black Pearl. Others were Volkl Blaze 94, Blizzard Sheeva 9, and Head Kore 87W

EasternSkiBum

Certified Ski Diva
2/28/2020 Conditions were pretty perfect. Bluebird day with some leftover fresh snow. I took a lot of 2021 demo skis out in the early afternoon. I skied each on the same 2 runs in Big Sky: a steeper blue (I think it was ungroomed that day) and the upper 3/4 of a black mogul run with sparse trees. No hardpack.

My first experience on a Stockli was the Nela 88 (160) and I was in absolute heaven. I noted it was "nimble, smooth and best in test" The Nela 96 (156 or 164) notes say "confidence, stable glider, would like to ski in powder". My personal preference was the 88.

To add, in the 88 category I demo'd Santa Ana, Kenja, Black Pearl. Others were Volkl Blaze 94, Blizzard Sheeva 9, and Head Kore 87W
Can you compare the Nela 88 with the Head core 87?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

My same thoughts on the Nela 88: heavenly. I have a pair on their way...

Comparing other brands to Stockli is almost unfair. There are other premium brands out there that have a similar smoothness to them (Augment is one) but there's just something special about them.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you compare the Nela 88 with the Head core 87?
My opinion. There's no comparison. Stockli is a superior product. Nela has a longer effective edge and I felt like I was on an solid adventure. The tail is flatter than the Kore which just gives me more stability and that's something I want in my ski. It was a pleasure to drive and take off piste. The 5cm width difference between the two never came into play for me.

Disclaimer. I'm not a Kore fan despite it's popularity. I didn't appreciate the featherweight and was generally uncomfortable on it. I expected its' advertised stiffness to translate to being damp and that wasn't the case. When I handed the ski back I kind of scratched my head thinking, "that was just weird". Yet, I know ladies who absolutely love the Kore line so this just reinforces the need to demo. BTW, the 2021 Kore 87W model I tested was in 162 length which dropped the waist to about 83. The 2022 85W in 163 length will be 83 too, so not much change there.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My same thoughts on the Nela 88: heavenly. I have a pair on their way...

Comparing other brands to Stockli is almost unfair. There are other premium brands out there that have a similar smoothness to them (Augment is one) but there's just something special about them.
I'm so happy for you. I hope you video its delivery. I've rented for almost 2 decades and struggled with making a commitment to a ski that, living in Florida, would see maybe 25 days a year. The Nela 88 only lost out to the Stormrider 85W in a coin toss. May I live vicariously through your Nelas.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^ Now I need to try this.

I agree with @elenmac; SKI magazine has historically left a lot of skis off their tests, especially those by the smaller companies.

Another ski I'm dying to try is the Line Blade. It's a weird looking ski, but it gets terrific reviews all over the place. My DH has the men's version and absolutely loves them; they really look like a blast, particularly for groomers.
So, I just won a pair of Line Blades from Blister Gear! I found a pair of Atomic Warden 11 demo bindings for $100 (they are white and mint green which won't match AT ALL) but I don't care! I want others to be able to try these skis out. I have some Stockli Nelas on the way to me as well. My husband is going to be very busy mounting bindings!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So, I just won a pair of Line Blades from Blister Gear! I found a pair of Atomic Warden 11 demo bindings for $100 (they are white and mint green which won't match AT ALL) but I don't care! I want others to be able to try these skis out. I have some Stockli Nelas on the way to me as well. My husband is going to be very busy mounting bindings!
Oh, wow! My husband has Line Blades and positively loves them! I’m dying to try them myself. Please let us know what you think when you take them out.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, wow! My husband has Line Blades and positively loves them! I’m dying to try them myself. Please let us know what you think when you take them out.
I will definitely share my thoughts. I've not heard much negative about them, mostly that they are just a hoot! I'll get them in a good variety of conditions (if I can part with my Stocklis at all.)

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kind of cool to win a pair of skis! These wont be too long? Anyway, those Nelas are the bomb. Love mine and used them exclusively last season from the very first day. I did use the Black Crows in powder and shop, but the Nelas are awesome. I have the 80s

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kind of cool to win a pair of skis! These wont be too long? Anyway, those Nelas are the bomb. Love mine and used them exclusively last season from the very first day. I did use the Black Crows in powder and shop, but the Nelas are awesome. I have the 80s
I was able to choose the length, so I picked the 160 because I was told they don't ski particularly short. I canNOT wait to get out on the Nelas!!

EasternSkiBum

Certified Ski Diva
I'm really bummed out... having loved the last iteration of the Stockli Stormrider motion in 161 when I demoed them 2 years ago I was all set to buy the Nela 88 this year. Turns out that Stockli is sold out of the 88 for the season. Paying full retail is not an option and I need a new ski for spring slush/ crud and western skiing. I have no idea of I will have the opportunity or time to demo anywhere. My Stockli AX serves me well 80% of the time but I need something for that last 20%. What would be your second choice if you were in my boots? There's still a chance that the Nela 96 will come back in stock but I'm not specifically looking for a powder ski. I'm considering not getting anything this year and just skiing my AX whatever comes my way. You guessed it right...I don't own a quiver. No place to store that much stuff...2 pairs of skis is plenty for me. Right now I own 1.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm really bummed out... having loved the last iteration of the Stockli Stormrider motion in 161 when I demoed them 2 years ago I was all set to buy the Nela 88 this year. Turns out that Stockli is sold out of the 88 for the season. Paying full retail is not an option and I need a new ski for spring slush/ crud and western skiing. I have no idea of I will have the opportunity or time to demo anywhere. My Stockli AX serves me well 80% of the time but I need something for that last 20%. What would be your second choice if you were in my boots? There's still a chance that the Nela 96 will come back in stock but I'm not specifically looking for a powder ski. I'm considering not getting anything this year and just skiing my AX whatever comes my way. You guessed it right...I don't own a quiver. No place to store that much stuff...2 pairs of skis is plenty for me. Right now I own 1.
I was told by @SnowHot to consider the Rossi Experience 82ti or the Liberty Evolv 90. The 82 would probably be too close in width to the AX. And AX and something 90ish under foot is definitely a good 2 quiver option.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I just won Rossignol 86 Ti’s in a Ski Talk raffle and they’re going to replace my Kenjas. I’ll report on whether they live up to their reputation. It was either the Ti or the basalt (which is lighter). This is going to motivate me to do more skiing in my neck of the woods (NY).

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just won Rossignol 86 Ti’s in a Ski Talk raffle and they’re going to replace my Kenjas. I’ll report on whether they live up to their reputation. It was either the Ti or the basalt (which is lighter). This is going to motivate me to do more skiing in my neck of the woods (NY).
I'm so excited for you! I was told if I didn't get the Stocklis, to get those or Liberty Evolv. Report back on your thoughts on them!

Divaskier87

Diva in Training
Can I ask why you want to replace kenja? Im looking into them. But maybe I shouldnt?

teppaz

Angel Diva
Can I ask why you want to replace kenja? Im looking into them. But maybe I shouldnt?
They’re great (was skiing them last season) but it feels they’d be redundant with the Rossis, and I just don’t have the storage space! I’m going to try to sell them. I think it’s the 2014 version.

Divaskier87

Diva in Training
They’re great (was skiing them last season) but it feels they’d be redundant with the Rossis, and I just don’t have the storage space! I’m going to try to sell them. I think it’s the 2014 version.
Thank you! Many say they are so demanding. I look at yumi, blaze or head kore 87 but I’m afraid they will de TOO light. Can you tell me more about Kenja? How they feel?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly