• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Lifts We Hate

teppaz

Angel Diva
I think that first video of the Roca Jack is being narrated by Mike Rogan, head coach for the PSIA National Team for years. I could be wrong, but it sounds like his voice and he has a connection with Portillo. Of course it's easy for him.
Any lift that requires a 2-minute instruction video is going to be tricky...

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve never skied Silverton, and never will, but apparently just riding their sole lift is death-defying. It’s an old two-seater and of course there’s no safety bar, and it’s slow and apparently gets wayyy high off the ground. And the dismount is super steep and narrow. Nopity nope nope nope.

For surface lifts, I like Pomas better than T-bars. They feel a bit more secure. The ... I think it’s the Mongolia lift at Vail? is a Poma and it’s so weird. They built up the exit so you get pulled up this short, steep ramp, and then you’re supposed to let go at the top and come down. It seems way steeper than it needs to be, and it’s so unnerving looking at this steep little upslope as you’re riding and not even able to see the dismount! And so there’s one very small little spot where you let go of the Poma at the top of this mini-slope.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
I hate the Ego Alley lift at Mount Snow when it’s chattering and creaking and herky/jerky on a very busy overloaded day. I swear I thought the whole thing was going to collapse one wicked day last winter.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
Today the challenger lift on the north face of Mount Snow got stuck for a couple of hours and people had to be rescued using a rope and harness. I did not witness this but I talked to people who said it was a very disturbing/sketchy experience.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today the challenger lift on the north face of Mount Snow got stuck for a couple of hours and people had to be rescued using a rope and harness. I did not witness this but I talked to people who said it was a very disturbing/sketchy experience.
I would freak! I hate heights! Yes, I ski........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna