• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski length advice

CindiSue

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am 5'6" 116 pounds. My current 11 year old skis are 151's. I've been demo'ing 159-160, "Intermediate to Advanced", All Mountain, 85-88mm. Do you think this is the right length for me, or should I be trying the next length up, like 166's? Some charts still go by height and they say the longer ones. But other charts go by weight (which always made more sense to me) and they say the shorter ones. I have just broken through the intermediate stage and am at least advanced intermediate and improving rapidly. Just started skiing moguls and the steeper runs!

Thanks!

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would definitely demo the 166s if I were you and see if you like them. I’m your weight but two inches shorter, advanced skier and both of my all-mountain skis are 165. For carving skis I go shorter and for powder skis I go a bit longer.

Jilly

Staff member
5'4 and 150lb...my Vantage 95C's are 170. I think my old Temptation 88's were 168.

Demo is the best thing....

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5’3” 140. My suggested length is 154-156, but I have skis from 152-166. I don’t think you can depend on a universal formula for ski length just based on height and weight - you just have to try them out and pick what you feel is the best.

Scribble

Angel Diva
I'm 5'7" and 145, I've demoed a bit recently and have preferred skis in the low to mid 160s. Longer ones feel really awkward to me in the bumps, particularly the scraped off refrozen ones I run into skiing at night.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly