• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Ski length advice - Line Pandora 104

jettytheyeti

Diva in Training
Hi everyone!
I am looking at the Line Pandora 104 in a 172. I am an advanced-expert skier who does 70% backcountry and 30% inbounds. I am 5'8 and 180 lbs. I usually ride a 170 cm, but wanted to get a bit of a longer length for float. They only come in a 172 cm. Does anyone have any beta on these skis and how they do? And does anyone around my size have any advice on a 172 cm and 104 underfoot, and their experience with this ski or a similar one? Cheers and thanks in advance!

Jett

newboots

Angel Diva
Hi Jett! We’re glad to have you here! I think your post would get some attention if you put Line Pandora in the title. [moderator take notice?]

Where do you usually ski?

I have nothing to offer on your question, but I wanted to say

:welcome:

Jilly

Staff member
Have you looked at the Sick Day? It's the unisex version and comes longer.

Welcome to our world!

altagirl

Staff member
I'm about your size - and for reference, I (admittedly have not upgraded skis in a while), but I am on Icelantic Keeper and Keeper SKNY, so those are

171cm - 95mm waist
181cm - 119mm waist

for my skis that I expect to handle powder, I typically have gone with 178cm or longer and the underfoot measurement kind of depends on how I expect them to do in non-soft snow conditions. Something in the 105 range has worked well as a do-everything ski for Alta, but my husband goes wider for that, and some people go narrower.... there's definitely an element of personal preference!

I believe I tried a Line Pandora years ago, but don't remember enough to give you any good feedback. Depending on what you're on now - that 2cm difference might not even be a difference. Note that some manufacturers measure differently, and the amount of rocker can affect the feel too.

Welcome!!! :smile:

altagirl

Staff member
Have you looked at the Sick Day? It's the unisex version and comes longer.

Welcome to our world!

I'd agree that it's worth looking at unisex skis too. If you get an opportunity to demo, it's always interesting to actually try them back to back and see what you prefer - especially when a brand has a unisex and women's version of what's basically the same ski. I've owned.... 2 pairs of women's specific skis over the years, but for the most part, I think they are designing them for more petite women. It certainly doesn't mean it's not worth trying them though. I'm definitely a fan of demoing when you can to better understand what really suits you personally.

But also I've occasionally seen a great deal on something and been willing to give it a shot... especially if you'll still have other skis in your quiver that you know work for you. :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
I'm thinking that @jettytheyeti might prefer the unisex. She's not a petite lady. Although not all "ladies" skis are for petite women. I'm lighter and shorter, but prefer a unisex ski.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I have the Line Pandora 104 in a 165cm length and I am 5'3/160cm tall and petite. I'm only an intermediate skier and this length is fine for me. I also went longer for a powder ski to get more float; my all mountain skis are more around 158-160cm long. Given your stats you could probably comfortably go to the next size up in the Line Sick Day 104 (meant to be the same ski, longer lengths). The ski has a decent amount of rocker and taper so it skis a bit "shorter" than its length.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna