• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski House Shares

RobinAshby

Diva in Training
Hi, I new to TheSkiDiva and was wondering if anyone knew of a group that was renting a house or whatever and was in need of
one more woman? I am 70 and looking for a place to stay while skiing, I am willing to travel almost any where..
Life is an adventure!! Thanks!

newboots

Angel Diva
Hi @RobinAshby ! So good to have you here. I am 68 and a bunch of us are (ahem) close in age. We are always happy to see another!

I'm not aware of any of our trips that has room for one more, but if you post more (I think it's 25 posts), you'll have access to the "Divas Only" section, that has a thread called "Meet on the Hill." There will be many opportunities.

You might want to start by introducing yourself; tell us what region you are from, where you like to ski, I don't know, your favorite ice cream? These women will happily join in a conversation about anything!

:welcome:

RobinAshby

Diva in Training
Hi!! I am from New Jersey (no joke) born and raised. Now living in north west Jersey. I learned to stand up on skis when I was 30 when I joined the Central Jersey Ski Club.. It was awesome and I fell in love with skiing! I was at Big Sky (early March 2019) when I learned that that there was this bug going around and all the kids were out of school and on the slopes and that the world was about to change.

I will ski just about anywhere! I remember at one of my breaks on a mountain...(some where out west- I'm too old to remember which mountain) but I was speaking with a woman who was renting a house for a month and a bunch of women went in on it.. Of course I didn't get her name and number.
I love out west but also ski in the east. I am an intermediate skier but am getting more timid but just love being outside. I used to take tons of risks, those days are over!! I have skied in Europe I do have an Ikon pass. I love rainbow sherbert and mint chocolate chip!

marzNC

Angel Diva
For day trips- Blue Mountain and for weekends, Killington.. mostly
Would you consider driving a little farther to ski at Montage? There are a few Divas who ski there fairly regularly. Have you found the Mid-Atlantic thread?

RobinAshby

Diva in Training
Yes! I like Montage too...That would be great-- I will have to check out that thread. Thank you sooo much. It gets lonely skiing alone. My ski buddies are starting to take trips with their husbands...imagine that!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yes! I like Montage too...That would be great-- I will have to check out that thread. Thank you sooo much. It gets lonely skiing alone. My ski buddies are starting to take trips with their husbands...imagine that!
I'm over 60 and have been married almost 30 years. Turned out that he's very much a non-skier for assorted reasons. Our daughter loves skiing but she's too busy with college and being a young adult to be a ski companion anymore. So I do ski trips with friends both in the southeast and flying out west. Most of my ski/travel buddies are Divas.

RobinAshby

Diva in Training
I'm over 60 and have been married almost 30 years. Turned out that he's very much a non-skier for assorted reasons. Our daughter loves skiing but she's too busy with college and being a young adult to be a ski companion anymore. So I do ski trips with friends both in the southeast and flying out west. Most of my ski/travel buddies are Divas.
Turns out my husband of almost 30 years dislikes skiing too (he did try) but loves that I go away on trips with my friends.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly