• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski for East Coast - Blizzard 82 vs 88?

leisure skier

Certified Ski Diva
I almost forgot about bindings, which I know nothing about! I see some Black Pearl 82's come in an SP model, which includes bindings in a package at a lower price. The rep in our local ski store alluded that this might not be as good as if I were to buy a separate binding. While the guy who sold us the boots last year said that was a good deal to look for.
Is it that much different? It seems too good to pass up if I can find her size.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know I read some discussion about whether the sp model had the same construction/ski felt the same as the normal model with not really a definite answer. I’ll see if I can find that thread.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The SP models have a thicker topsheet coating & metal tip protectors, plus the adjustable demo bindings. If your daughter is still having a foot-growth-spurt and might need to upsize boots, that's certainly worth considering.
^^This.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
She is between sizes, and could ski the 159 or 166 (she has tried both). Is one better than the other for her height, weight, ability for the northeast? (5'9"/ 115 lbs/ athletic/ advanced skier blues, blacks, occasional double black, a little bit of tree skiing).
No doubt she needs to be on 166.
Being east, 82 would be a lot better.
82 is wide enough that they will be a daily driver for her. Going into trees would not be any troubles with 82. Just put the skis closer and ski if need to be.
When situation changes, you can add another pair later on. There is no such thing as "do it all one pair", but 82 will be close enough.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Does anyone know if there have been any major changes to this ski from 2021/22/23 from year to year? I am seeing some that are at a reasonable price from previous years, and deciding between that, or if the 2023 is a major change then going with that since she will have it for a while.
You can search those skis on SkiEssentials revew videos on YouTube. They got many reviews. You will find the reviews for different year/models.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna