• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski essentials is selling off their demo fleet

MissySki

Angel Diva
skiessentials.com is selling off their demo fleet right now. They have some very nice deals going! I just bought som Stockli SR85ws!

Ugh, I wish I knee what size I wanted.. Still haven’t been able to demo the 161, only the 168. Which did you buy?

marzNC

Angel Diva
@lisamamot wants the 168 for herself, and therefore thinks I should try the 161 for comparison sake! As I am usually always one size down from hers.. although not in all cases. :rotf:
All depends on where you intend to use the Stormrider 85s. Mine are 159cm (for 5'0", 111 lbs) but I wanted them longer since I'm only using the out west. Have had fun in all sorts of terrain, including in 15+ inches of fresh fluffy powder at Grand Targhee. But if I planned to use them for the northeast, I would go shorter. Still quite happy with my AJs that are 148cm.

Learned yesterday talking to a ski shop owner (mother of the family) in Steamboat Springs about the new women's skis coming out next season from Stöckli and DPS. Hoping to be able to check them out at the Alta Demo Day in April.

MissySki

Angel Diva
All depends on where you intend to use the Stormrider 85s. Mine are 159cm (for 5'0", 111 lbs) but I wanted them longer since I'm only using the out west. Have had fun in all sorts of terrain, including in 15+ inches of fresh fluffy powder at Grand Targhee. But if I planned to use them for the northeast, I would go shorter. Still quite happy with my AJs that are 148cm.

Learned yesterday talking to a ski shop owner (mother of the family) in Steamboat Springs about the new women's skis coming out next season from Stöckli and DPS. Hoping to be able to check them out at the Alta Demo Day in April.

That’s why I want to at least try the 161s, they could be great for everything in the east where I’d use them most.. bumps, trees, groomers etc. The 168 were really fun though, and they sure were speedy and smooooth! I didn’t get to take them in tight spots at the time though. I also want to make sure I wouldn’t lose the ridiculous smoothness and crud busting ability of the 168 in the shorter length.. It’s just too expensive of a ski to not try both sizes before deciding. :hurt:

Anything interesting coming up for Next year’s Stockli selection??

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tempting but I don’t need any more skis this season. My season ended early unexpectedly from a torn muscle so I am just going to wait until the new women’s skis come out before making a decision. Not like I can ski them now anyway:cry:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Tempting but I don’t need any more skis this season. My season ended early unexpectedly from a torn muscle so I am just going to wait until the new women’s skis come out before making a decision. Not like I can ski them now anyway:cry:

Well, that stinks! Wishing you fast and complete healing.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Anything interesting coming up for Next year’s Stockli selection??
From what I heard, it will be well worth some demo time for Divas who aren't sure they are ready for the unisex Stormrider series.

It’s just too expensive of a ski to not try both sizes before deciding.
If you can plan a trip to Taos next season, that's a great place to demo Stöckli skis. :wink:

mustski

Angel Diva
@Susan L Oh no! What happened? Wishing you a quick recovery.

@MissySki I bought the 161. I usually ski lengths between 160 and 169 (powder ski) but I did buy the RenounZ90 in a 157 which worked well for me because they are pretty stiff. I was debating the 154 SR, but a friend told me that his wife skis the 159 in the previous model and that the 154 wouldn't be enough ski for me. My stats are 5'2" and 125 lbs. You've seen me ski - I'm not as proficient as you off piste. I am getting better at that though. I loved them in the bumps, in the soft snow, on the groomers, pretty much everywhere. They were quick and responsive and felt like they skied true to size.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Oh no! What happened?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@Susan L Oh no! What happened? Wishing you a quick recovery.

@MissySki I bought the 161. I usually ski lengths between 160 and 169 (powder ski) but I did buy the RenounZ90 in a 157 which worked well for me because they are pretty stiff. I was debating the 154 SR, but a friend told me that his wife skis the 159 in the previous model and that the 154 wouldn't be enough ski for me. My stats are 5'2" and 125 lbs. You've seen me ski - I'm not as proficient as you off piste. I am getting better at that though. I loved them in the bumps, in the soft snow, on the groomers, pretty much everywhere. They were quick and responsive and felt like they skied true to size.
Got my eyes on nordica SA 93, elan ripstick 88 (never tried but think I would like) and Sheeva 9! Paging @SnowHot .... have tried and liked nordica sa 93 and Sheeva 9. Where does elan ripstick 88 fit in?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Oh no.

newboots

Angel Diva

Ouch! This is terrible. Get well quickly and do your PT exercises. :banana::hail::beer:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The sleeper in that group that I would grab in a heartbeat are the Kastle FX96 women's.

But lately, with not much great fresh snow, I am loving more and more skis that are 80mm and under, so I've got my eye on a few of those :becky:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly