• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Divas' Other interests

Bing

Angel Diva
I'm a mountain biker too ... member of Fly Gurlz, women's only club in Ontario.

Also a triathlete - so swim, bike, run year round ... that and my bowlfex to keep my core strong for EVERYTHING !

cosmogirl

Certified Ski Diva
I love to waterski, slalom, tricks and wakeboarding.:becky:
I wish I had time for softball and soccer, but with 3 kids in sports, kind of takes up all the time!
I also love to in-line skate.
On a more domestic side, I also love to cook and bake, knit and read!
I've dabbled in cake-decorating and would love to pursue this more. I would also love to do art-doll sculpting, but again, time is scarce:(
Oh, I'd also like to try wind-surfing and around the lake.

toughgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My hubby and I love the Hike the White Mountains of NH. We go from spring to fall and even snow shoe in the winter. We love to:

Hike
Camp
Mt. Bike
Kayak
A little bit of rock climbing at a rock gym(although not in years)
Travel (we went to Colombia ... you know in S. America ... last summer for a wedding...:D )
And very important to us: Play VIDEO GAMES :ROTF:

CO-girl

Certified Ski Diva
Rock climbing and skiing are why we moved to Colorado!:becky:

And you gotta love that we've even been able to do both in the same weekend!:becky: :becky:

We're also planning to tic off hiking/climbing some 14ers this summer, as well as spend more time on the mountain bikes that are gathering dust in the garage.

There's just not enough time to play!!!:Cry:

snowbunny1976

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Please tell me you Wii? I've now become a Wii'er. It's sad.

But other than that, I also love to ride my bike in warmer weather. Those in the NY/NJ area might know of the NYC 5-Boro Bike Tour happening 1st Sunday in May. I'm already signed up. 4th year for me, and it's an absolute blast. I'm really looking forward to it!

I also love traveling. Hand me my passport and I'll go anywhere my frequent flyer miles will take me! Now, if I only had a traveling partner... hehehe

I also like to play "computer geek" in my spare time, and I'm learning Linux on my home computer. This is including some minor programming, which is fun.

snowgem

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another activity resurfacing - gardening. Have spent many hours the past few days planting seeds in flats. I love how those little tiny things in dirt grow into big pretty or fruitful plants! If the snow is going to disappear, might as well be ready, tho we get as much as we can out of the season!

We're also planning to tic off hiking/climbing some 14ers this summer, as well as spend more time on the mountain bikes that are gathering dust in the garage.

Make sure you're prepared for the 14'er! My first 14'er....I climbed very stupidly with a little water bottle and some crackers....Made it up ok, but the whole way down I was throwing up! Dehydration central! :eek:

Beautiful view, though! :D

amberula4

Certified Ski Diva
I almost like it when summer comes around because I like to change my activities. I am a really into biking.

So my summer activities are:
Road Riding
Mountain Biking
Hiking
Backpacking
Swimming
Beach Laying
Kayaking
Puddle Jumping :smile:.

Pretty much anything as long as I can be outside.... Who is excited for the riding season?

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Yeah... I own an Xbox 360 Elite... It happens to the best of us. I hadn't played a video game in 14 years since my Atari 2600 when I was a kid, then I started dating my current BF and well, if you can't beat 'em... join 'em! <and yes, it's fun!> I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan....:laugh:

I'd rather be outside though! I'm in the market for a new bike this spring, something good for the road. We usually ride around the city and down in the metroparks. I'm still using my ancient Schwinn woodlands bike <15 years old>.... yeah, its time. I hold on to things for so long!!!

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I Scuba dive, been doing it for about twenty years now. Mostly all over the UK, the water is cold but the marine life is great because of the gulf stream.

I'm just getting ready for the trip of a lifetime, going to dive the Galapagos, and then go on to Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail. The extra bonus is meeting up with my best friend that I haven't seen in the 3 years since I left Blighty!

LouWho

Diva in Training
Can anyone say Guitar HeroIII? I play bass in DH's "band". Hey, you gotta have something to do when resting your joints after a hard days skiing!:p

C

CMCM

My hubby and I start mountain biking when the snow season is over....we usually go up to Tahoe area because there are a gazillion places to bike around the lake, all beautiful. And we go up to the 8200 ft. elevation at Squaw Valley, right where we ski (!!!) and hike around from time to time. We also go to the Calif. coastline on biking trips, mostly up to either Mendocino or Monterey areas where there are bike trails right along the ocean. And we ramp up our time in the gym lifting weights etc. since we aren't skiing for this part of the year.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I Scuba dive, been doing it for about twenty years now. Mostly all over the UK, the water is cold but the marine life is great because of the gulf stream.

I'm just getting ready for the trip of a lifetime, going to dive the Galapagos, and then go on to Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail. The extra bonus is meeting up with my best friend that I haven't seen in the 3 years since I left Blighty!

Wow! Awesome trip!!! When? DH dives and would love this. (I can't-ear issues) He also spent first 8 years of his life in Peru---a trip there is on our agenda, at least sometime in our lifetime. Let us know how it all goes!! :smile: Non-skiing trip reports welcome and enjoyed!

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My family (husband and one son) enjoys camping, kayaking, biking and hiking in the off season. I also enjoy gardening.

Sherry

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another thread I hadn't read or replied to...

I like to:
- hike
- climb
- swim
- kayak (used to compete, but now I only to it a couple of times a year since I have no storage space for a kayak :mad: , so I have to borrow one from my folks when I visit them)
- cook and bake
- my computer (i'm a geek)

Tried windsurfing last year. I really liked it, but again I have no storage space for it. Also like to bike, but my hay fever is really bad, and I have to avoid biking in the summer. :mad2:

At work, since I'm working on a boat and not much we can do there except work for 12 hours and sleep:

I read a lot, watch TV and movies, knit and try to use the gym now and then. The knitting and some of the reading are being done while on duty :redface:

skiso

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For outdoors activities I enjoy road biking and running. Mr. Skiso and I love to day-hike, especially along a beach somewhere or in Mt Rainier National Park, and our favorite summer city sport is swimming in the local outdoor (saltwater) 50-meter pool when it's cold & raining and we have the pool almost to ourselves.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do we have another triathlon lady joining us? :smile:

skiso

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In my dreams! I did a couple sprint triathlons 10 years ago and enjoyed them but I'm scared of high speeds on a road bike these days. (I'm almost faster uphill than downhill.:fear:) Still, I think it's important to never say never...

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
I spend my free time (summer and winter) trail riding and training on the Bodacious miss Bunny (10 yrs), along with my old boy's Flashy Pant's (26yrs), and the amazing Mr. Fred (25yrs) ! Although this year we have been very lazy and spent more time trail riding than in the arena.:redface:,( Flashy and Fred are strictly light trail)! In the summer I also teach inline skating, and intro to kayak lessons (wet exits and returns, bracing, paddle strokes nothing to get all that excited over). Hiking with my dogs and riding my bike. Oh I almost forgot about my gardening!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna