• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Divas' Other interests

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was wondering what other interest the Ski Diva enjoys.

Since my name on Epic is Trekchick, you would assume that I am a bicycle enthusiast, and you would be correct.
Primarily a mountain biker enthusiast. I love riding, but am not as serious about it as some of the other Bears I've met.

My other interests include, Volleyball(play weekly), and motorcycles.
My husband races enduros and I help host a Road Ride at our local motorcycle Club every year.

What do you do for fun, and sun besides the BEST Sport of all Skiing!?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Let's see....

Mountain Biking
Road Biking (but only to train for mountain biking:D )
Rollerblading
Hobie Sailing
Windsurfing

You know, work seriously gets in the way of having a life!

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For me, I like hiking (which I don't do as much as I would like), yoga, reading, meditiaton, and gardening. I also have a MINI Cooper and am part of the fabulously fun Philly MINI Club (https://www.phillymini.org). We like to get together compare our MINI Coopers and drive them around twisty, turny roads!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
You mean there are activities other than skiing?????

Okay, if I must.....

As far as other, more inferior physical activities go, I enjoy road biking, hiking, swimming, & kayaking. I also spend a lot of time at the gym, though I don't necessarily enjoy it.

I also like reading, travel, going out to dinner, movies, and vegging on the beach (hey, I grew up on the Jersey shore!). And if I'm in the mood, I like to cook and bake (but not clean up. I leave that for Mr. Ski Diva :D ).

Jilly

Staff member
For that 6 months of bad "sledding" I enjoy
1. The beach - we're only 20 min from the Sandbanks
2. Sea-dooing - Lake Ontario and elsewhere
3. Knitting
4. Curves gym - 3x week
5. Some inlining - not near as much as some of you
6. Wine tours of Prince Edward County - great stuff coming there

Yeah, work gets in the way. Both Hubby and I are in the construction business and summer is prime season.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My hubby and I are involved in hang gliding. Although he is the primary pilot in the family, I fly tandem at least once a year. This year I also flew the dunes at Kitty Hawk. Hang gliding is a way of life and very social. You spend loads of time sitting on top of mountains waiting for the right wind conditions. There are also competitions that offer loads of silliness along with opportunities to fly.

I also like to kayak and garden. After retirement my 2nd daughter ( yes I have 2 others) suggested I could start reading again for pleasure. Now I read everything including cereal boxes if I don't have a book.

Lil

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Running,bodybuilding,hiking are my main activities.I do like to mtb bike but that is new for me.I like to do road running races and I have done 2 adventure races.Really fun!

Terry

Jilly

Staff member
And I forgot all about the Dragon Boat Racing. It's been since September since we've raced, so I guess I can be forgiven. Its a great core workout and a great get together with friends.

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
I like hiking, swimming, water skiing, canoeing, gardening, home improvement projects...

I used to like to sew and do crosstitch and other "crafty" stuff but I've kind of gotten out of that the last few years.

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
off season stuff

A bit of jogging
Some road biking april -october
yoga year round twice a week
ellipitical october-april
occasional spin classes in winter
A little upper body work at gym (and I mean little!)
lotsa gardening may-sept
knitting off and on
occasional swimming (used to be competitive, but have been advised to not do much by surgeon)

Want to try:
rock climbing
mountain biking
some kind of adventure racing once or twice

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Painting.
Drawing.
Cake designing (wedding cakes).
Books.
DIY & home improvement projects. Right now I'm painting the house and changing all the colors (exterior).

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lynn said:
Want to try:
rock climbing

Lynn you live about an hour away from some of the most amazing climbing on the east coast! Dooooooit!

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have a little house in NY near the GUNKS. They are amazing to hikeaughter through and to climb. There are climbers of all ability levels there as well as a climbing school nearby. My granddaughter climbed there last year and had a wonderful time.

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I work out, even if I am not teaching. When I moved out here, my ski instructor was also an actor. I studied acting with him, and actually landed two paying roles in community theatre. Unfortunately, the new director of the theatre has been pulling in name actors from Denver. Since I hate being rejected, I have not been auditioning lately.

I also love to travel. Now that we live in ski country, we can go back to traveling for travel's sake, not just to ski. We are actually leaving for Buenos Aires next Friday, and we are going skiing in Germany in March.

No-we are definitely not rich. My husband was able to keep his job in Boston on a contract basis, so he has accumulated a massive amount of frequent flyer miles!

In addition to writing about fitness, travel and skiing, I have been developing a somehwat trashy ski fiction novel. ;)

trouble

Certified Ski Diva
  • Hiking, backpacking, camping, getting lost and stuck in bogs, etc...
  • Yoga
  • Gardening: I have a modest yard and try to improve it little by little
  • Art / illustration: botanical illustration, specifically. Slowly working through courses at the Denver Botanic Gardens. Sloooowwwwly.
  • Pets & wildlife rehab stuff
  • Indie music
  • Cooking (vegetarian)
  • Random dorky things

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
-climbing
-skiing
-road cycling
-sometimes i'll hike but usually only when the weather's bad and there's nothing to do elsewise... or if it's a rest day

and now i'm training for my first sprint triathlon

the funny thing is i never used to do anything athletic at all! i'm definitely suffering from AOA (adult onset athleticism) and LOVING IT

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't do nearly as much as I should, but when the rolls start appearing I work myself into a frenzy. I hate "exercise" but find these activities fun and do them from time to time, inline skating, boxing, pilates, yoga and weight training. Right before ski season begins I kick the weight training up a few notches.

smpayne

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Backpacking
Camping
Knitting
Sewing
Home Improvement projects
Teaching myself woodworking
Cake Decorating (too fattening, so only a few a year)
Reading
Sailboat Racing

I'm a mom of 2 boys ages 11 & 7 (UUGH only 1.5 yrs from officially the mom of a teenagers), both actively involved in Boy Scouts & Cub Scouts respectively. August was my 15th wedding anniversary.

For Easter, my husband and I went Backpacking in the snow for 3 days (kids were visiting Grandma & Grandpa for a week), it was really fun - next year however, we will rent snowshoes!

While my husband and my oldest son went to Boy Scout Camp last summer, I took my youngest (6 at the time) backpacking at Mt. Rainier in WA for 2 days. The two of us had a blast - it was just a short 2 mile hike, but our campsite was right on a lake.

As a kid it was the ski trips and the backpacking/camping trips that my brother and I remember the most fondly, so I am trying to do as much of that with my boys as possible. It just helps that I actually love to do it too.

OK, yes they did call me Motormouth as a kid, now both my boys have inherited the title - ADHD runs rampant in our house (husband is just ADD).

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mostly I play tennis as my other "activity." Year-round, indoor, outdoor, usually at least three times a week.

As a family, we take a few camping trips every summer; last summer we backpacked for the first time (as a family), and this spring will be the first snowshoe/hut trip.

Mr. Pinto is way into golf; I've started and stopped a few times. I enjoy it, but I don't have the time yet to really learn to play. One day. The kids play, too, so I need to get on the ball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna