• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Diva Pilates class

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It seems so easy to say 'yes, I can teach' and then I have to organize details! And there are always more than one thinks at the time of the first bright idea!!!

I discussed setting up a 'closed' aka diva only class and I can do that via the Providence Pilates Center online booking. So first order of business: IS there interest in a class? It would start basic and move along based on interest, attendance, ability etc. etc. IF there is interest, I'd need a sense of what time to set this up. I figure more people are home and on looser schedules. I'm best morning or early afternoon but open to suggestion.

I am an employee of Providence Pilates Center, not an independent contractor and must treat my offer to teach as such. To run a class I have to set up a time and the Zoom details. To take a class everyone would need to sign up through The Providence Pilates Center web page. You set up an account, sign an online waiver, and book the class online. The classes are being offered via Zoom which you would need to load to laptop, tablet or phone. I've been taking classes and private sessions via Zoom and it's simple.

There are lots more details but look this over and let me know if we should continue. Feel free to PM me with questions or suggestions. Keep moving and stay safe no matter what!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've never done pilates before, but I'd definitely be interested. And I'm available whenever.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm interested, on the West Coast so timing would be different for me, and have done some pilates. I have zoom downloaded and have tried a few classes from my gym....

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm right there with @santacruz skier . I'd love to try it out. Will stand by for details, although I might be proactive about creating the account at Providence Pilates. I checked out the website and liked the vibe. They might wonder who the heck this person from California is...

@ski diva I think you'd enjoy it.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I'd be interested, but since I’m still going to work a little bit and to the food bank the schedule will be the limiting factor for me. Week after next is likely to be much looser.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Interested. Maybe morning-ish west coast time and afternoon east coast time? The only time that’s hard for me due to work meetings is 10am mountain time.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm right there with @santacruz skier . I'd love to try it out. Will stand by for details, although I might be proactive about creating the account at Providence Pilates. I checked out the website and liked the vibe. They might wonder who the heck this person from California is...

@ski diva I think you'd enjoy it.

where are you are doesn’t matter. I was in an instructors group class on Friday for a bunch of us who have reformers in our homes. In addition to instructors from my studio there were ones from Massachusetts, New York and Chicago. Equal opportunity learning at the Providence Pilates Center!

Tvan

Angel Diva
Interested, but constrained by working from home hours, typically 8 am - 5 pm (ET).

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m definitely interested. I can’t really say a time that always works because it just depends if I have meetings scheduled, some days I have a bunch and sometimes none. 12pm (ET) is usually always open since people do lunch and I never usually have meetings scheduled then. I can most likely be quite flexible though. :becky:

newboots

Angel Diva
^Ditto!

What fun it could be to take a class all together! You assure that out-of-shape klutzes are welcome in this class? What will we need for the class, other than a computer? Mat? Snazzy workout clothes? Tummy tuck?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For an Introduction to Pilates class, which would be basic, and no where near as intense as it would be after a class or so, would a 12:00 pm on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday work? If there seems to be sufficient interest, I could likely set up more than one time. Although I can’t promise all times would be Divas only, one certainly would be.

Let me know!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^Ditto!

What fun it could be to take a class all together! You assure that out-of-shape klutzes are welcome in this class? What will we need for the class, other than a computer? Mat? Snazzy workout clothes? Tummy tuck?

Out of shape klutzes are perfectly welcome. A computer, a tablet or a phone is all you need once you have set up an account. A mat is helpful so you won’t slide but if you don’t have one a beach towel laid out on preferably a carpet or floor would be good. You wouldn’t want to be right on a hard surface without something to soften it as you have movements lying down among other things. Stretchy clothes are needed. Snazzy is up to the individual. Baggy gear isn’t helpful for the instructor because I can’t see you moving as well.

MissySki

Angel Diva
For an Introduction to Pilates class, which would be basic, and no where near as intense as it would be after a class or so, would a 12:00 pm on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday work? If there seems to be sufficient interest, I could likely set up more than one time. Although I can’t promise all times would be Divas only, one certainly would be.

Let me know!

That works for me, any day of the week.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

Let me know!

Works for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly