• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Diva at the Boston Ski Show!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's the complete schedule. They made an announcement for the 7pm event but a lot of people had already left. Those who were still around were the ones shopping at the back for outerwear and gear. A woman who is a Volkl rep was around to answer any questions. There are a few skis and boards at the booth.

I talked to Mary Jo briefly. She's the person behind January is Learn to Ski and Board Month.

Her Turn.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Random freebies I ended up with or discounts I noticed on Thursday.

* Gore 2-1 lift ticket
* Code for 20% 4,5,6,7 day tickets for Big Sky, expires 11/16/18
* Nashoba lift or tubing ticket
* $5 off Nashoba lift or tubing ticket
* Ragged 2hr tubing (Grand prize is a season pass, grab "money" in the air game)
* Waterville Valley has a huge booth and show specials
* Waterville Valley voucher for M-F lift ticket
* Wachusett show specials are the pre-season prices (3-peat card $20 less, 10% Cow Card)
* Mount Snow has $59 flex ticket, $199 4-pack (transferable I think)
* Sugarloaf is offering 20% off on lodging for Ikon holders

Ikon mountains were well represented in general, there are Ikon flags all over. The Epic pass booth didn't seem too busy. MCP is there too.

This year I finally noticed that there are several companies that have day buses from the Boston area. BRS even has a bus at the Expo. Offers $69 bus & lift tickets day trips to Loon, Sunday River, Mount Snow, Pats Peak, and Cannon on weekends and selected Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. $35 for bus only for people with season passes.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From today's installment of the Boston Globe series "It's All Downhill" by Matt Pepin that came to my inbox today-

WORTH SHARING: The Ski Diva's Wendy Clinch was not able to give her prepared talk at the Boston Ski & Snowboard Expo because of the circumstances at the event's special booth for female skiers, but did post the text on her website, and it's well worth sharing. "Skiing With Confidence" is filled with excellent advice for both women who ski and the men who ski with them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly