• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski-day breakfast: what do you eat?

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
If driving in the AM, it's Dunkies for a coffee "regular" (milk and sugar here in New England), bottle of OJ for hydration purposes, and of course, a coffee roll! The Dunkin Donuts coffee roll is a sustained- release perfect formulation of fat, carbohydrates, cinnamon, and sugar. It also is in line with the rule, just barely, that you should never eat anything bigger than your face. If staying near the slopes, usually juice, coffee, cheerios/banana or oatmeal/raisins which is almost as healthy, but not as much fun!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don’t like to eat before exercise. It just makes me uncomfortable. So I’ve been eating Think peanut butter protein bars and coffee and water. But I’m also skiing locally and don’t ski for too many hours each day.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like a bagel with boiled egg and mayo, and a good, proper coffee. Also partial to pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. Basically any combo of carbs and protein, but coffee, Gotta have it otherwise not a happy me.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, similar for me - smoothie and a kodiak brand high protein waffle with almond butter, black or green tea, depending how much sleep I could get. Black tea has more caffeine so I go to that as an option when I need more of a pick me up in the morning. This is the breakfast when I am at home and this is my standard breakfast year round. The smoothie that I makes has greek yogurt, a bit of almond butter, fresh banana, 1 date and whichever frozen fruit I have on hand (usually frozen peached and berries), top it all with milk. It's a very filling and nutritios brekfast - my favorite fuel for breakfast.

When I am traveling, it's whatever is available at the hotel or lodging, preferably eggs or protein of some sort, if I am in a condo it could be yogurt and toast with almonf butter or yougurt and harboiled egg, or oatmeal with hard boiled egg.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My breakfast smoothie these days: 1 C. frozen fruit, 3 C. spinach, 1 serving protein powder, 1.5 servings prebiotic fiber power, 1 Tbl. almond butter, about 1.5 C. water. A 24 oz serving will last me about 3-4 hrs. I save the extra for a snack. It was upping the fiber, adding the butter AND increasing the portion size that really helped with making it last me through to lunch. But I need a strong blender to make it, which isn't a common ski condo item.

newboots

Angel Diva
My smoothie is similar: about 2 cups of fresh greens (kale, dandelion, or spinach) or, if unavailable, some frozen spinach, strawberries and/or blueberries, about 1 cup, 1 tsp spirulina powder, 1/2 tsp. turmeric, 1 tsp. slippery elm (for heartburn/GERD), 1 cup of pomegranate juice, and some yogurt (depending on how full my blender is!). Often green tea makes up part of the liquid.

Sometimes kiwi, sometimes avocado, often edamame, sometimes half an orange. I need to add protein, and I've been using pasteurized egg whites. I'll be buying some powdered egg whites in bulk.

Yum!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Oatmeal, blueberries, coffee or peanut almond butter on toast. Coffee.
Not a smoothie person and never have been. I like them but in really small doses. Like sips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna