• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski, Bike, Swim - D. all of the above

KimarieSnow

Certified Ski Diva
If you’ve never been to White Face Mountain, Lake Placid NY - it’s an excellent spot for family skiing and loads of other fun stuff! I prefer to stay in the Mirror Lake area. It’s more quiet and affordable. The Mirror Lake Inn is owned by Olympic ski medalist Andrew Weibrecht & his family! Gorgeous indoor pool for after a long day of skiing. Mirror Lake is a cute little town loaded with quaint restaurants, bars and shops! It’s a “walk everywhere” type of place! You can also visit the Olympic Ski Jumping Complex - which is seriously impressive (& a little insane if you ask me)! Plus I need to give a solid shout out to High Peaks Cycle & Ski shop! We rented fat tire bikes and went on a full day tour through the mountains. A fun/different way to enjoy snowy peaks! Check them out for all sorts of family fun: https://www.highpeakscyclery.com/articles/fat-bike-rental-pg1617.htm

Attachments

• B0768087-0200-4E2D-9EE2-954A893598DF.jpeg
    B0768087-0200-4E2D-9EE2-954A893598DF.jpeg
    620.3 KB · Views: 8

Jilly

Staff member
You might want to check this:

KimarieSnow

Certified Ski Diva

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Last year we did a ski weekend at one of the larger WI hills, and my husband wasn’t skiing b/c of injury recovery. He fat tired and LOVED it. He rented from a shop local to us, so the bike looked COMICAL on my bike carrier. I want to try it, but I’m not the best cyclist, and I kind of love swooshing down on snow…so…

KimarieSnow

Certified Ski Diva
Last year we did a ski weekend at one of the larger WI hills, and my husband wasn’t skiing b/c of injury recovery. He fat tired and LOVED it. He rented from a shop local to us, so the bike looked COMICAL on my bike carrier. I want to try it, but I’m not the best cyclist, and I kind of love swooshing down on snow…so…
Oh so fun!! Yes - it’s really a great experience even for newbie-cyclist (I can’t recall the last time I was in a bike myself, prior to this)! It’s something different, I thought to share. Lake Placid is a great area if you’re traveling with a group or family - especially if half of you ski and half don’t ski. There’s loads to do so your non-skiers are kept busy. Seeing the Olympic ski jumps is surreal. There’s a gondola that takes you all the way up to the ski jump observation deck - it’s an incredible view!! Crazy to think folks actually ski off the jumps…I’m a little too chicken for that!! Eek!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly