• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Bibs: Yay or nay?

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Also,
If you sign up for email OR will give you an additional $25 off. I forgot and called and sadly they said too bad no price adjustments

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Any of you with OR bibs have the Skytour Ascent? Currently on sale for 50% off. I love everything Outdoor research that I own, so thinking about getting a pair. How do they fit? Your size and size purchased would be MUCH appreciated...if yours are the Skytours.
I have both th OR insulated and skytour. Love both. They run a bit large in my opinion.

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
Any of you with OR bibs have the Skytour Ascent? Currently on sale for 50% off. I love everything Outdoor research that I own, so thinking about getting a pair. How do they fit? Your size and size purchased would be MUCH appreciated...if yours are the Skytours.
Mine are the carbide bibs, but in case sizing is consistent across their products. I am 5'6" size 10 and wear a size Large which fits perfectly with room for my mid layer to go underneath the bibs.

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
Mine are the carbide bibs, but in case sizing is consistent across their products. I am 5'6" size 10 and wear a size Large which fits perfectly with room for my mid layer to go underneath the bibs.
By perfectly - I mean a little roomy. I get very claustrophobic in snug fitting ski pants.

Cpnwgsp

Certified Ski Diva
I’m a yay - love the Stio environ bibs. They have a mini-bib style that doesn’t come up as high. Flattering fit, super comfortable, easy full side zip.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
My bibs are the same (i have the flylow foxy). I actually find them easier than dealing with normal ski pants as well :smile: Easy bathroom access was a really important feature for me when looking at bibs, as I saw it as the main downside for bibs in general!
This feature is a total *front* attached suspender - so you can drop the back of your pants. I have some old patagonia guide pants that have this. QUESTION - is there any other brand besides Flylow doing this now? I was ready to put the trigger but the review on fit say 1) they run small and 2) not for curvy folks. So, is there another brand? I apologize if it's buried in the 11 pages of replies here. :-)

Cpnwgsp

Certified Ski Diva
This feature is a total *front* attached suspender - so you can drop the back of your pants. I have some old patagonia guide pants that have this. QUESTION - is there any other brand besides Flylow doing this now? I was ready to put the trigger but the review on fit say 1) they run small and 2) not for curvy folks. So, is there another brand? I apologize if it's buried in the 11 pages of replies here. :-)
Stio Environ Bib

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Flylow Sirens are cut on the bigger side as well as Moxie (from what I've heard). I actually bought and returned Flylow Sirens on a fantastic sale because basically too big.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe some of the Burton bibs also have front-attached suspenders - not sure which models off the top of my head though!

elemmac

Angel Diva
Unless they’ve changed it in the past couple years (my Foxy bibs are probably 3 years old), it’s not a full drop for the back of the pants. The left side goes all the way up, and does attach to the front for fully dropping that side. But the right, the zipper doesn’t go all the way to the top (it’s a big vent that goes from the knee to about 2 inches below the waist.

However…I have curves and love the pants, so wouldn’t say they’re not for curvy folks. I will confirm, I sized up from my “normal” size though. I also purchased the “short” length, despite not having a very short inseam for my height (30”, at 5’5”).

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Unless they’ve changed it in the past couple years (my Foxy bibs are probably 3 years old), it’s not a full drop for the back of the pants. The left side goes all the way up, and does attach to the front for fully dropping that side. But the right, the zipper doesn’t go all the way to the top (it’s a big vent that goes from the knee to about 2 inches below the waist.

However…I have curves and love the pants, so wouldn’t say they’re not for curvy folks. I will confirm, I sized up from my “normal” size though. I also purchased the “short” length, despite not having a very short inseam for my height (30”, at 5’5”).
huh, good points. The detail photos on backcountry.com are not very good.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Options with 1) easy access for bio breaks and 2) more space for movement

REI First Chair GTX ePE bibs

Stio Environ bib.

FlyLow Siren bib. Great fit in regular size. These are lighter weight than the Foxy/Moxie. In New England I would use these touring and on warm/spring days.

FlyLow Moxie bib. I have not tried them, but they are apparently roomier than the Foxy. I have a pair of Foxy from a handful of years ago, but in a size larger than I normally wear.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I didn’t like the Foxy because way too tight in my normal size to zip over my thighs and way too big in the next size up for me. However, the Moxy fits well in my usual size with room to spare for layers when needed. Different cuts between the two for sure.

alpinegal

Certified Ski Diva

I have the skytour ascent pant (not bib) and absolutely love the fit on them. I'm usually a size 12 in regular pants and went with an L.

I've been really curious how the OR sizing translates to the bibs, as other bibs I tried on in my ski pant journey had a comically large waist. Like enough waist to fit two of me inside while being tight on my thighs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna