• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Bag Sizes

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
I have been looking into getting a soft padded ski bag or sleeve mostly for storing my skis, and transporting on the ski bus or sometimes my car.

It seems like the smallest ski bag I can find online is about 170cm, but that seems like overkill for someone who has 147cm skis! Are there brands that make smaller ski bags?

I am debating just getting the Dakine ski sleeve that matches my boot bag just to make it easier to spot on the ski bus even though it is 175cm. Before I do, I just wanted to check there aren't other options I am not aware of.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Agree w @alison wong . I have a wheeled Burton bag either 160 or 170. Fits a ton of stuff. Just don't travel to Europe or you'll be questioned about the ski clothes and other stuff that fills the bag.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I haven't bought a soft bag without wheels for a long time. My skis are 140-160cm. I got bags that had straps that made it easy to fold it over and tie down the extra material. The downside was that the carry straps don't end up very centered.

I have the DB Slim Jim, which has wheels. Works pretty well but not padded. Since I only use it for trips with my carvers, that's okay. I opted to get a Sportube 2 for flights out west.

Jilly

Staff member
Please don't store your skis off season in the bag. They need to breath. I too have a Sportube for transporting my skis. Storage - under the bed flat.

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
Please don't store your skis off season in the bag. They need to breath. I too have a Sportube for transporting my skis. Storage - under the bed flat.
Oh I didn't know it wasn't recommended to store them in a bag! Currently I have them in my storage unit together against a wall. The biggest reason I want a bag is to help carry & transport them on the local ski bus or to my car. I will be sure to use the bag for my skis only! Is it okay if I keep my ski boots in my boot bag or should I be taking them out as well?

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
2 options:
1) Snowboard bag. I bought a Dakine snowboard bag, length 160 cm. It is big enough to store 2 pairs of skis with bindings. (If remove bindings, can fit up to 3 pairs per @Rainbow Jenny ). It has wheels and light in weight. (bought mine from REI garage sale. My skis is 160 cm in length.)
2) Douchebag brand - length is adjustable.
I didn’t think to consider snowboard bags! I will also checkout the brand douchebag, haven’t heard of them before.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I didn’t think to consider snowboard bags! I will also checkout the brand douchebag, haven’t heard of them before.
Theres a few other brands that make adjustable length bags. My husband has one from High Sierra that he’s used for like 10 years. I just got one from North Face last year, it’s been on one trip, but I’ve been happy with it.

GeoGirl

Certified Ski Diva
I have the Rossignol Electra extendable bag. Its shorter length fits my 149 cm skis very nicely.

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
On cyber Monday I ended up picking up a padded dakine sleeve in 175 cm, as it was super discounted on evo.com. It arrived in the mail today!

I tried looking for something shorter but did not find anything. I felt like the snow board bags were bulkier than the ski sleeves. I guess by having something longer I can possibly fit a friend’s pair if they’re taller than me.

The sleeve was last year’s design so it matched my boot bag. Will make it easier to spot my set on the ski bus!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly