• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Short ski bibs

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I 5’2”. I prefer to ski in a bib because I find them warmer and more comfortable, but my Burton Avalon Gore-Tex bib is just too long for me and drags on the floor even when I have snowboard boots on.

Does anyone have recommendations for bibs that come in short sizes? Preferably with the butt flap and/or ability to almost fully unzip in order to vent heat. Hopefully less than $300. I tried the North Face Freedom bib in the short size but it just wasn’t what I wanted.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you have the regular Avalon or the short version? Even though I wasn't able to find the short version when I got my Burton Fly pants several years ago, they had a nifty feature to hold the back of the pants up at the heel so I wouldn't walk on them. I would snap the pants up for walking around, and let them down for skiing. I'm not sure, but I think they called it a "ghetto strap" or something of the like.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Do you have the regular Avalon or the short version? Even though I wasn't able to find the short version when I got my Burton Fly pants several years ago, they had a nifty feature to hold the back of the pants up at the heel so I wouldn't walk on them. I would snap the pants up for walking around, and let them down for skiing. I'm not sure, but I think they called it a "ghetto strap" or something of the like.
Regular version. I think it’s the Gore-Tex one so I don’t think it came in a short size. No strap on the back of the heel, unfortunately!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, no that one doesn't come in short length. But looking at the current Gore Tex one, it looks like there is a different kind of length adjustment, in one of the photos it looks like she is pulling on a cord to shorten the back hem. It's the 3rd photo down on the left in this link:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
ugh, I just checked my bib and they have this feature. The bottoms are shredded though from years of not using it. Argh. I really like this bib and its features except for the length, so maybe I’ll hunt for a deal. My 50% off at Burton connection no longer works there.

thanks for helping me learn about a way I can better take care of my gear.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I think I’ll just live with them for now and/or look for someone who can hem technical fabric. (I used to make my own clothes in high school but technical fabric is a bit beyond me.) Been shopping around and I can’t find exactly what I want in short size. Doesn’t make sense to me to spend $100s on a new bib if it’s not what I want.

brooksnow

Angel Diva
I think I’ll just live with them for now and/or look for someone who can hem technical fabric.
The cuffs don't have to have waterproof seams. No special technique is necessary as long as you're not shortening them so much that you're going past the cuff section.

I just roll up my cuffs.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I think I’ll just live with them for now and/or look for someone who can hem technical fabric. (I used to make my own clothes in high school but technical fabric is a bit beyond me.) Been shopping around and I can’t find exactly what I want in short size. Doesn’t make sense to me to spend $100s on a new bib if it’s not what I want.
Oorrrrrrr, hear me out. Buy fun new ones that you like except for the length, and then have BOTH hemmed.
:rotf:

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a gazillion pairs of bibs - Arc’teryx, Patagonia, The North Face, Burton, Helly Hansen and the one pair that fits THE best - Arctix. $30 from Amazon!!! I am 5’3”.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna