• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Short, Loud, Cool Videos?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is just for fun, but I thought Divas might have some good ideas to share:

I'm a high school teacher, and some of my class periods are long (over an hour), some are in the afternoon, and some are both.

When we have a long class period, I like to give the kids a five-minute-or-so break to stretch, get water, etc. and just relax, so we can refocus our attention. Sometimes we do yoga, have joke or story contests, or just chat about something random. One thing the kids really like, though, is when I show a cool sports video with good music. (Somehow I ended up with a room that has a killer sound system.). The kids give me all kinds of videos, too, and it's fun to get a glimpse of what they watch and enjoy. I like to weave in some mountain biking, skiing, and whitewater videos, because it opens up a rapport with kids if we share an interest. Especially being a middle aged female history teacher, I think it helps me connect with teenage boys on a more personal, friendly level.

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for any fun videos that you might like to share, both for my own enjoyment and maybe to show the kids. Here are some of the videos in my current stable. Thanks for any suggestions!

ON3P "Summertime Corduroy"

Knight Slayer, Burke Mountain

Seeking Nirvana Part 2, segments 3:00-5:49 and 6:30-8:48

Days of My Youth Resort Segment:

"I Only Ride Park"

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
This is one of my favourite segments of all time from any ski movie: JP Auclair's street skiing in BC. Not particularly loud, but the music is great. My DD and DS LOVE this. It is from Sherpas' All.I.Can.

Here's a couple I like. Under 2 minutes each.

Little girl's first ski jump

Small child skiing too fast with the father skiing behind him frantically yelling pizza, pizza, do a pizza. He eventually has a little yard sale

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fast, loud, and under 4 min:
I loved this trailer for a ski movie called Pleasure, about 2 1/2 min:
This is low-key, under 5 min, but it would sound amazing with a good sound system:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SkiEssentials.com has a "Chairlift Chat" blog & weekly newsletter on Fridays, and there's always a video at the end of each one. That's where I got those above.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is there a channel called 'Ski The East'? Saw this one.

Sorry didn't mean to inundate this thread. Maybe I'm excited about the coming season or something!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome, thank you all so much!!
We have parent conferences tonight and I plan to come home afterwards, crack a beer or three and watch some great vids!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly