• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Shopping for New Frontside Carver

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Took out my new (to me) Nordica S6 today. Wow, I wish I hadn't waited so long! On my last run the trail narrowed at the steepest point and a private lesson was happening below me. I waited for the student to turn skiers right and I took the left and straight lined past them under the lift.
I had to drive those skis hard (for me) and they only got better as I did. I loved the stable feeling and confidence they provided. :thumbsup:
Awwww, that is great. Congrats on new to you skis that you love! The Astral 84 is a fun, fun ski; easy to ski but not wimpy - a super choice to demo.

Freetoski

Diva in Training
I've finally outgrown my current setup and need to start looking for new skis. I've been skiing on Head PureJoys in a 153 length for the last 4 years. I am 5'7" and 127 lbs and ski the east only (well, western NY). I spoke to my instructor about this on Wednesday. He suggested going to something in the ~160ish length with a tighter turn radius (I think he said 14 m or less). I would call myself a cautious intermediate but I tend to underestimate my abilities. I'm looking for a narrow carver that helps me develop good turn/carving habits but doesn't punish me if I revert to the backseat. Because I don't want to be thrown around for lack of skill, I'm not really interested in Volkl or Atomic.

I was thinking Nordica Astral 78 or Blizzard Alight. My instructor suggested the Nordica Sentra 6 or even SL7. His concern was that I would quickly outgrow my choices and the 6 or SL7 would be something I could grow into.

I'd love to demo but my local shop only carries the BP 82 as the narrowest waisted women's ski. I'm checking one other local place and will be in Holiday Valley in March so may have some other options to test at that time.

Divas, can you think of any other skis I should have on my radar?
Hi Mistletoe! I joined this group yesterday and found this thread because I was looking for info about messed up knees and ski widths. I saw you are also in WNY and just wanted to say hi!!

newboots

Angel Diva
I know I said I didn't love the Black Pearl 82 but in hindsight, man I had some fun on that ski.

That was exactly my reaction to the BP82s - at first I couldn’t figure out any way to describe how they were different except that I was “having more fun” on them!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna