• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

SheJumps Mountain Bike event at Massanutten, Sept. 16

marzNC

Angel Diva
SheJumps has organized a full day mountain bike event, 9:00-4:00, for Saturday, Sept. 16. Starts with a 75-min lesson, with rental bike and related gear, and lift ticket good until 2:00pm. Massanutten has lift-served trails at all ability levels. They have two lifts set up for bikes. People can use their own mountain bike if they like. Best to get tickets in advanced. Rental bikes will probably sell out.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/shejumps-downhill-day-at-massanutten-bike-park-tickets-36985651078

* * * SheJumps Massanutten Mountain Bike Event, Saturday, Sept. 16
The day will start with a 75 minute lesson on the lower trails with professional instruction by the bike school, followed by a free-ride session. After lunch there will be a guided group ride on the advanced upper trails (based on ability), or more free riding down low for those who would like more practice. When our lift tickets expire at 2pm, we’ll gather at Base Camp on the lodge deck to enjoy some food and fellowship while rehydrating. There will also be a raffle of women’s specific mountain bike clothing and outdoor gear to support future SheJumps programming!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I decided to join the fun. The deadline for getting a ticket for the 75-min lesson package was extended to Wed night.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The SheJumps organizer for the Massanutten Mountain Bike event wrote up a great TR with lots of pictures. Turns out she is ski patrol at Mnut. One of the action shots is me. Not telling which one unless someone asks. :wink:

I was a never-ever. Definitely was easier as an advanced skier than if I were still an intermediate. Mostly because it was easier to interpret the instructors and comments from the instructors based on experience listening to ski instructors. I did the two green trails, plus the blue trail on the lower mountain. Passed on going to the summit . . . this time. We all got a coupon for 50% off for another time. :smile:

https://www.shejumps.org/recap-shejumps-downhill-day-at-massanutten-bike-park/

It was well worth the drive. The group also included a few locals, a few ladies from Baltimore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna