• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sheeva 9 length help

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Welp, guess I'm pulling the trigger on a set of Sheeva 9's this year. SMH I have a serious gear junkie problem.
Hahaha same here! I do NOT need new skis and love my Sheevas for the most part but have always thought the tips could be a little stiffer for my preferences and conditions I typically ski in. I’m not thrilled about the increase in width or rocker but hopefully with the extended metal will improve their crud/wet snow performance.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yeah, I am sure the additional rocker and wider waist are appealing in the West, but the “soft snow” is not as frequent of a commodity in the East. With the 2024 redesign, perhaps they will need to add a Sheeva 8 for 2025.
92 is so wonderfully versatile here :(

Reactions: AJM

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Seriously, when I purchased mine, I thought they would be good for my Tahoe groomer skis..... also with the short turning radius would be good in bumps....
Last time I skied (it's been weeks because almost impossible to get there and half the mountains are closed), I skied the Sheeva 10's 4 days and the 9's one day and decided I like the 10's better in Tahoe snow.
So the new 9 1/2's sound great.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Black Crows Camox Birdies are 96 underfoot so would be interesting to compare the new Sheeva 9's to the old (2017) Camox. @WaterGirl what do you think?
Turn radius - Camox Birdie is 18 @165 Sheeva 14 @162. One similarity is they have decided to put a cute saying on the edge of the ski - definitely a rip off of Black Crows that everyone is now doing. I also see the "new" H shaped titanal sections -- which appears to be a copy of K2 (Mindbenders) and Black Crows (Orb/Justice) designs.

Blizzard / Nordica just love to leak next years skis mid season - makes you all have FOMO for either the old or the new.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Turn radius - Camox Birdie is 18 @165 Sheeva 14 @162. One similarity is they have decided to put a cute saying on the edge of the ski - definitely a rip off of Black Crows that everyone is now doing. I also see the "new" H shaped titanal sections -- which appears to be a copy of K2 (Mindbenders) and Black Crows (Orb/Justice) designs.

Blizzard / Nordica just love to leak next years skis mid season - makes you all have FOMO for either the old or the new.
Forgot about the turning radius. Big difference.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Seriously, when I purchased mine, I thought they would be good for my Tahoe groomer skis..... also with the short turning radius would be good in bumps....
Last time I skied (it's been weeks because almost impossible to get there and half the mountains are closed), I skied the Sheeva 10's 4 days and the 9's one day and decided I like the 10's better in Tahoe snow.
So the new 9 1/2's sound great.
Wouldn’t there be a lot of overlap having the 96 and 102 though? Why wouldn’t you just ski the 10 if you like them in the conditions you ski most?

In the East 96 is just wide for a daily driver. So it’d be great to keep the 9 and add a 9.5 if so desired lol.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wouldn’t there be a lot of overlap having the 96 and 102 though? Why wouldn’t you just ski the 10 if you like them in the conditions you ski most?

In the East 96 is just wide for a daily driver. So it’d be great to keep the 9 and add a 9.5 if so desired lol.
Yes there would be overlap. I also have the Camox Birdie and those are 96.

Reactions: AJM

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm not in the market for new skis but would like to demo the new Sheevas for the heck of it.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yes there would be overlap. I also have the Camox Birdie and those are 96.
That’s why I’m surprised that they are upping the Sheeva 9 width, but not changing the 10.. Seems so close at that point to me, purely based on width anyway. Why alienate the East coasters when they have gained so much traction the last couple of years?? :doh:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
That’s why I’m surprised that they are upping the Sheeva 9 width, but not changing the 10..
You would think they would up the Sheeva 10's to 104.....Their marketing reason was honest at least. In retail, you can't keep things stagnant and sometimes change is good and sometimes it's not. Look at the polarizing Black Pearls for instance.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I’m thinking of actually selling an almost-new pair of Sheeva 9s (164 cm) from last year. Skied 3 days, brand new Tyrolia Attack 13 demo bindings. If anyone who is coming to Taos this season, let me know if you are interested. Haven’t thought of price yet, once I do I will post on the “for sale” section of the forum.
paging @marzNC @diymom @VickiK @Bookworm

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did briefly consider asking what BSL they are mounted for, but I honestly don't need any more skis, and so far haven't liked anything wider than my SA88.

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I’m thinking of actually selling an almost-new pair of Sheeva 9s (164 cm) from last year. Skied 3 days, brand new Tyrolia Attack 13 demo bindings. If anyone who is coming to Taos this season, let me know if you are interested. Haven’t thought of price yet, once I do I will post on the “for sale” section of the forum.
I'm interested in trying/buying . . . I'll be at the Jan 29 week. I want to compare to my BP88/159s to see if I appreciate the difference, esp in softer snow/bumps . . . .

Reactions: RJ*

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I did briefly consider asking what BSL they are mounted for, but I honestly don't need any more skis, and so far haven't liked anything wider than my SA88.
Demo bindings so no fixed BSL. I only have 1 pair and these are on my demo list.
Then again if there's not a lot of snow, I prob should demo carvers!!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm interested in trying/buying . . . I'll be at the Jan 29 week. I want to compare to my BP88/159s to see if I appreciate the difference, esp in softer snow/bumps . . . .
I think you will notice a difference....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna