• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sheeva 9 length help

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm excited for the changes in length! I can see myself on a 96 under foot in a 168 for most powder and leftover powder days. I was always between sizes on either Sheeva for what I'd want them for. I've always loved the Sheeva line but the lengths for me just never quite matched up.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm excited for the changes in length! I can see myself on a 96 under foot in a 168 for most powder and leftover powder days. I was always between sizes on either Sheeva for what I'd want them for. I've always loved the Sheeva line but the lengths for me just never quite matched up.
Didn’t you own one or both (10 and 11) of the Sheevas at one time ? Somehow I remember your review. BTW, I’m a fan and have both! It sounds like the 10 hasn’t changed much. Really interesting about the changes in the 9’s.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Didn’t you own one or both (10 and 11) of the Sheevas at one time ? Somehow I remember your review. BTW, I’m a fan and have both! It sounds like the 10 hasn’t changed much. Really interesting about the changes in the 9’s.
I had the 9s for a brief time, and the 10s for longer but the 10s were too short for what I wanted.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I had the 9s for a brief time, and the 10s for longer but the 10s were too short for what I wanted.
Actually I meant the 9's and 10's ..... Mine are an appropriate length for my stats even with the changes (157 to 156) unless I want to try the new 162. My Rossi Saffron 7's that I had for a few years (2015-2017) were 162's....

lisamamot

Angel Diva
The changes in length though come with additional rocker. They tightened up the size run a bit (6 vs 8 between sizes) but I don’t think the new 174 will ski much different, length-wise(, than my 172. I will be interested to try them, but they certainly are narrowing their eastern audience by widening the 9
from 92 to 96.

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The changes in length though come with additional rocker. They tightened up the size run a bit (6 vs 8 between sizes) but I don’t think the new 174 will ski much different, length-wise(, than my 172. I will be interested to try them, but they certainly are narrowing their eastern audience by widening the 9
from 92 to 96
I'm pleased I have my current model, I dont think I could justify going to a 96 (esp now my knees are shot to pieces) as daily driver over here.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
My Black Crows Camox Birdies are 96 underfoot so would be interesting to compare the new Sheeva 9's to the old (2017) Camox. @WaterGirl what do you think?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
from 92 to 96.
Additional rocker = more fun in soft snow :becky: I don't get to test this year so am not sure if I'll get out on any or not.

Skiing2BFreeInYYC

Certified Ski Diva
I was right in between sizes in the 2023 Sheeva 9 and went with the 157, I’m 5’3” and 122lbs. I only got to demo the 157, I was concerned the 164 would be too long for chasing my kids around varied terrain and that it would be harder for me to flex, plus the review in ski magazine said intermediates should size down and I think I put too much weight on that. I don’t regret the 157 as they’ve been great after a few days out now, but I do find myself feeling I could have handled the 164 so I think it’s good you went with that

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Additional rocker = more fun in soft snow :becky: I don't get to test this year so am not sure if I'll get out on any or not.
Too bad as you've skied the older version.... do you think they're available to demo?

RJ*

Angel Diva
I’m thinking of actually selling an almost-new pair of Sheeva 9s (164 cm) from last year. Skied 3 days, brand new Tyrolia Attack 13 demo bindings. If anyone who is coming to Taos this season, let me know if you are interested. Haven’t thought of price yet, once I do I will post on the “for sale” section of the forum.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Yeah, I am sure the additional rocker and wider waist are appealing in the West, but the “soft snow” is not as frequent of a commodity in the East. With the 2024 redesign, perhaps they will need to add a Sheeva 8 for 2025.

Reactions: AJM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna