• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sheeva 9 length help

loopylou3

Certified Ski Diva
Before I press the button and buy the Sheeva 9's I would be so grateful for one last bit of advice. Ive decided on the Sheeva 9 after renting the 2020 version for a week in France last April. I am 5ft 5 with no shoes (165cm) (Just re-measured thought I was 5.4!!!) 143lbs. I hired the 164 and loved them but wondering if I should size down 157 because Im an intermediate skier? I ski mostly blue and red pistes some black, which I understand is green and blue American pistes with some one black triangle pistes.

I dont want to order then wake up in the night thinking 'No i bought the wrong size'

Their website seems to think I should size down but everyone I have read here skis about their height because they ski short?

Sorry for repeating myself just want to be sure (first set of skis!!!)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on your first pair of skis!

I'm 5'1", 115 lbs, and just bought the Sheeva 9's in a 157. Granted, I'm an advanced skier, but I think you should get the 164 -- especially since you tried them and loved them.

CTskigrrl

Certified Ski Diva
Congratulations! I have the Sheeva 9 172 which is 10cm longer than my last pair but I find that they ski a bit shorter because of the tip/tail rocker. If you loved the 164 stick with it! The shorter version is likely to feel like a whole different ski.

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agree with others who said to get the length you tried and liked. I am 5' 2" and an advanced intermediate and own the 157. At times I wish I had the 164 length due to how short the effective edge is. The Sheeva is definitely not a ski to size down in, even as an intermediate.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I’m 5’1 and 105 and have the Sheeva 9 in 157. The 164 will be fine for you as an intermediate though given your stats. Plus you already skied on them for a week.
Where in France do you ski? Red pistes are like many black ones in the US.

Last edited:

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'4 , 110lbs and have the Sheevas in 164. I would think the 164 would be fine for you--esp if you already tried them in that length and loved them

Scribble

Angel Diva
Just throwing in another data point: I'm 5'7 and bought a used pair of 164cm, they feel a touch too short sometimes and I wish the longer length had been available. IMO, that length sounds perfect for you.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stick with the 164s , they're the right one for your stats and also you've skied them and loved them .... hit that "buy now" button ! :thumbsup:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
164, definitely.

loopylou3

Certified Ski Diva
Where in France do you ski? Red pistes are like many black ones in the US.
We have been to Les Arcs (Paradidski Area) lots of times - has been our favourite, La Rosiere, Flaine, Les Menuires (3 valleys) and The4 Vallees in Switzerland.

Even the Red pistes vary greatly from resort to resort, same for blues, some blues can be flat, not much gradient and soooo easy and other resorts the blues have very steep sections I would never take a beginner. Luckily we started our children skiing in Les Arcs and the blues there are very consistent with no surprises, so we knew we could take them over the whole of the resort right from day one!

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Go for the 164. I'm 5'1" and 118, and my skis range from 156-163. I have the Sheeva 10 in 156, which is only a cm shorter. I've had this same dilemma and sized down and regretted it. If you loved the 157 rentals, you love it even more after spending more time on it. :smile:

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m 5’4” 125lbs and ski the 164. With your stats, and your having demoed and loved that length already, I’d go for the 164.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Go for the 164. I'm 5'1" and 118, and my skis range from 156-163. I have the Sheeva 10 in 156, which is only a cm shorter. I've had this same dilemma and sized down and regretted it. If you loved the 157 rentals, you love it even more after spending more time on it. :smile:
OOPS, meant if you loved the 164s, get the 164s.

daniwrites

Certified Ski Diva
I demo'd a lot of skis last year and LOVED the sheeva's, but stupidly purchased two other skis instead. I ended up buying the Sheeva's end of December. Enjoy them!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I demo'd a lot of skis last year and LOVED the sheeva's, but stupidly purchased two other skis instead. I ended up buying the Sheeva's end of December. Enjoy them!!
Curious, what other skis did you purchase?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just an fyi to all, the Sheeva 9 is changing significantly for next season. Construction, lengths, width, rocker profile.. everything. So if you like this current model, get it or one of the previous years. I’m glad I finalky bought a new back up pair for when my current pair dies.

I look forward to trying the new version.. but I am a bit concerned they are making it less East conditions friendly with a wider underfoot width and more rocker.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Just an fyi to all, the Sheeva 9 is changing significantly for next season. Construction, lengths, width, rocker profile.. everything. So if you like this current model, get it or one of the previous years. I’m glad I finalky bought a new back up pair for when my current pair dies.

I look forward to trying the new version.. but I am a bit concerned they are making it less East conditions friendly with a wider underfoot width and more rocker.
Ooh where do I find details/direct comparison?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna