• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Season Goals?

KBee

Angel Diva
Anyone have "goals" for the next season?

I am intentionally NOT goal-oriented, (Be water, my friend.) I especially refuse to make specific goals about how I ski, because I just want to ski, and take lessons, and ski more, and "try" a little, and watch instructional videos, and then by mid season just let go of it all, and just ski with a free mind to feel the gravity and turns.

But I do have some intentions that I plan to make happen:

1. 25 days (going to count evenings and half days in that)
2. quiver, (even if it's 2 pair, whatevs--hoping for some nice easy carvers that I can ride all day into night, and that will hold on in refrozen groom, no flapping)
3. head out with strength and resilience (working on all the PT from the bad knee and general working out)
4. do park runs with the kid
5. find a few ski-buddies for the kid (who is dusting me on the slopes already)
6. family snowboarding lessons (to level the field and lure my partner to the slopes)
7. 5 hours of lessons each for the kid and me

Hopes and dreams goals that probably won't be possible, but are fun to think about:

8. use our pass for the 3 days it covers in Hokkaido, Japan (If you haven't been, can't recommend Japan enough; it is sublime.)
9. keep up with the kid

How about you? More gear, more fun, more skills?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm finally at a point in my life where I can escape with Diva's I've met on here to ski new Mountains. I now have acquired several "Favs" and "have" to return to ski them which means more days skiing out West!

Thanks for the tip on Hokkaido! I'll add to my bucket list!

kiki

Angel Diva
Hmmm
What a great way to "warm up" for the season!
I don't have my season goals yet, but I have signed up for a season pass and plan to exceed 40 days of skiing this year, with a goal to being comfortable on any blue run and also comfortable on narrow roads and near steep ledges.

I do have some important pre-season goals I am
Working on now though:
- get in shape before ski season so that I have the muscle strength and stamina to be able to ski a full two days in a row comfortably
- manage my finances so I can afford to sign up for a lesson package and pay for boot fitting!
- organize myself and work so i have as many days off to ski as possible

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This will be my first winter as a Vermont resident. I hope to maximize skiing days while also making ends meet. Also I'd like to:

1. Try backcountry skiing on Mt. Ascutney and see what it's like; possibly love it and need to buy more gear.
2. I start work tomorrow at a bike park at a small resort where I may stay on through the winter. This is a huge leap of faith; I really want to make the most of working in outdoor recreation (as opposed to doing it part-time as an adjunct to teaching). There are so many interesting opportunities here in VT; if I could make a living getting kids and adults enjoying outdoor adventure I would be one happy SallyCat.
3. Ski as many days at Magic as I can to improve my ungroomed/mogul skiing.

KBee

Angel Diva
1. 25 days (going to count evenings and half days in that)
2. quiver, (even if it's 2 pair, whatevs--hoping for some nice easy carvers that I can ride all day into night, and that will hold on in refrozen groom, no flapping)
Ran into the local shop today on the way to buy printer ink to see whether they were still there, and bought a pair of 2014 or 2015 (sooo ugly, oh my) Icelantic SKNY Pilgrims for just a little more than the printer ink! Refrozen groomers at night, here we come!
3. head out with strength and resilience (working on all the PT from the bad knee and general working out)
Joined a local gym--haven't gone yet, LOL, so not crossing it off!
4. do park runs with the kid
5. find a few ski-buddies for the kid (who is dusting me on the slopes already)
6. family snowboarding lessons (to level the field and lure my partner to the slopes)
7. 5 hours of lessons each for the kid and me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna