• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Seamless base layer leggings?

mahgnillig

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Add me to the "fold em up" crew. I wear full length Helly Hansen long undies and fold them to an appropriate length depending on what outdoor activity I'm doing. When it's cold I tuck chemical handwarmers into the folded up cuffs and it helps to keep my feet warm.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I cut my base layer to fit. So that way they just go over the top of the sock. That part usually isn't in the boot yet.

Same; inexpensive compression tights and a pair of scissors. They fit exactly to the top of my boots. Warmer layer for when it's really cold, cut to fit.

knolan12

Angel Diva
I've been convinced of the capris haha I ordered a pair from Amazon which are arriving today and I'll try them Monday at Stowe. I'm excited to see the difference!

heatherrrrz

Certified Ski Diva
I got my base layers all on amazon and they're capri length, but I also have a few under armour workout capris that would probably work more for warmer skiing.

wbgirl

Diva in Training
Hey Divas,

In my pursuit of making my legs/feet as comfortable as possible, I'm now addressing layers. I tried compression socks (which someone here recommended) which I think did really well for my calves. However, I think my base layer leggings might need to be changed out. I have Under Armour cold gear leggings that I really like (I'm very warm), BUT they leave quite the seam imprint down my legs.

Any recommendations for warm leggings that DON'T have seams? I contemplated the capri length ones as well, but I feel like I'll be more comfortable in general with a layer between my boots and skin. I've been doing some online searches, but I'm a big review fan :smile: Not opposed to something I can get off of Amazon Prime (heading out this weekend) and I also have an REI near me (love a good in-store pick-up).

Thanks!
If you can find them, McKinley makes a good one which is super stretchy: https://www.atmosphere.ca/categorie...ns-leggings-color-332064594_01-332064594.html

MissySki

Angel Diva
any one have suggestion on a joint support baselayer for petite women?
I wear CW-X as my base pretty much every ski day. Kind of feel naked without them when I’ve tried anything else in recent years. I do find them very supportive. Not sure if it’s just the compression or the supposed joint support specifically. I wear the 3/4 length always to keep anything extra out of my boots. So that should also work for petite. They are pricey, but well worth it quality wise if well cared for.

newboots

Angel Diva
I wear CW-X as my base pretty much every ski day. Kind of feel naked without them when I’ve tried anything else in recent years. I do find them very supportive. Not sure if it’s just the compression or the supposed joint support specifically. I wear the 3/4 length always to keep anything extra out of my boots. So that should also work for petite. They are pricey, but well worth it quality wise if well cared for.

What she said. ^^

I was dumbstruck at the price, and waited for a sale, scouring steep&Cheap, Moosejaw, and Sierra.COM until I scored. Also capri length. Love them!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I bought CW-X in an extra small - 5'1" 105 ish and couldn't breathe so returned them. But they were spandex-y and I didn't like the fabric. I know they come in softer fabrics so worth trying again. They were all over St Moritz in fancy european brands and soft knit. I should have purchased there....... I got the ones I returned at Sierra for about $50 - price was good but I could barely get them on or off after trying on. I'm an icebreaker fan all the way.....

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I picked up an Icebreaker seamless 3/4 length tights this summer on sale. I haven't skied in them yet, but they felt supportive but not binding when I tried them on.

Bowl

Certified Ski Diva
thanks for the comments!
Summary of all the brand mentioned here: 2XU, Bracelayer, Icebreaker and CW-X.
Saw the XS of CW-X on sale and picked on up online. Will see if I can squeeze myself into them. :-)

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would love support around my legs but I hate it around my middle. Shades of control top pantyhose! I ordered the CW-X in what should have been my size. It was as bad as wrestling my way into Spanx! I’m too old to fight that hard to get clothing on! :scared:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks for the comments!
Summary of all the brand mentioned here: 2XU, Bracelayer, Icebreaker and CW-X.
Saw the XS of CW-X on sale and picked on up online. Will see if I can squeeze myself into them. :-)
I LOVE my CW-X tights - best thing ever for skiing. But they are compression wear, so are a wrestle to get into in the correct size.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I LOVE my CW-X tights - best thing ever for skiing. But they are compression wear, so are a wrestle to get into in the correct size.
My friend was doing a freight forwarding shipment from USA to NZ so I decided to pick up a pair of CW-X 3/4 leggings cheapish off ebay and throw them in with the shipment, just to see - I deliberated over sizing for a long time and ended up going with S, especially as I've gained a little weight this year (it's been a stressful year, okay :redface:). They're definitely tight, I could use them as spanx!!! But not uncomfortably tight. I could probably size down to XS honestly. Looking forward to trying them out next ski season, at any rate, and seeing how they go!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My friend was doing a freight forwarding shipment from USA to NZ so I decided to pick up a pair of CW-X 3/4 leggings cheapish off ebay and throw them in with the shipment, just to see - I deliberated over sizing for a long time and ended up going with S, especially as I've gained a little weight this year (it's been a stressful year, okay :redface:). They're definitely tight, I could use them as spanx!!! But not uncomfortably tight. I could probably size down to XS honestly. Looking forward to trying them out next ski season, at any rate, and seeing how they go!
I'm still merrily squeezing myself into all my XS compression gear despite the multiple lockdown weight gain, just now with significant muffin top...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I received my CW-X 3/4 XS, managed to squeeze into them. S might be better, but it was full price. want to try them in 3 weeks when the season starts.
I almost threw out my back when I tried mine on and I'm definitely an extra small. They felt like Spanx multiplied by 10.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly