• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Scuba divers

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yep. I got my padi open water in 2005, on holiday in Mexico, so am an absolute novice. Since then I have not done very much diving but last year managed two dives in Gozo, Malta. Excellent marinelife octopus, lizardfish etc. Thing is I get chronic motion/sea sickness as I have headaches and migraines, so unfortunately it is more pronounced. I prefer shore dives and shallow dives, as a result, but I love diving anyway despite this.

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I lived in Hawaii for a while and used to dive a lot while there. However, I have not had the opportunity to dive for the past several years :( I really used to love it. There was a group of us that went diving all around the Hawaiian Islands.

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
wow how lucky is that, living in hawaii. I haven,t done anything in nearly a year,not even swimming. I am going to Spain soon for a holiday with my husband and some friends (non divers), but I might try to get at least a dive if there is time.

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I moved back to Idaho from Hawaii in 2001...so it has been awhile since I have dove. I would like to go diving some time in the near future. I have several friends who are in Australia on a dive trip right now. If you dive in Spain let me know how it was.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really wanna start diving. Starting up is one of my summer goals.

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I recommend it, its like a whole new world of wonderful creatures in such a variety of habitats.

If I dive in Spain I will let you know, but I dont go until beginning of August.

LouWho

Diva in Training
Blowing bubbles is one of the greatest feelings! I love to just sit in 10 feet of water and watch my bubbles hit the surface. I'm more of a diving obsessive than skiing obsessive, but slowing learning how to manage both!

Anybody cold water dive? Heck, are there any other Alaskans on this forum? It's really not that big of a state, you know................

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope I'm not dating myself here, but I've been PADI Open Water certified since 1986!

I haven't been diving for a few years, but I'm ready to jump back in. I think I'll take a refresher course, though, before I do.

I used to dive a lot - Red Sea, BVI, Bahamas, Grenadines etc. I've started an online subscription to Undercurrent so I can psych myself up again.

I love Undercurrent!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Blowing bubbles is one of the greatest feelings! I love to just sit in 10 feet of water and watch my bubbles hit the surface. I'm more of a diving obsessive than skiing obsessive, but slowing learning how to manage both!

Anybody cold water dive? Heck, are there any other Alaskans on this forum? It's really not that big of a state, you know................

Not Alaskan, pretty far from it, but something of a wicked cold ocean here. Alas, I'm not able to dive because of a serious ear problem, but DH dives, has for years, and he actually went scallop diving on 12/30 in 37 degree water. Of those I know who do, all love it. I feel left out :( but can't. Enjoy, enjoy.

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I prefer swallow dives, trouble with ears, sinus and have no interest in deep diving etc, but I have seen some great wildlife on my dives. I am English, but have just returned to UK after living for 4 years in The Netherlands.

I am more a ski person despite being a beginner.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've done a lot of diving around Australia and the South Pacific, but not since I've been married, husband has bad ears. And I think one (two counting his golf..) expensive mega-equipment intensive sports is enough!

LouWho

Diva in Training
That's why I went back for my PhD! So I could afford to do two mega-equipment intesive sports. Actually, 3 if you count the boat/fishing, but that's what DH's job is supporting.

I finally stopped buying dive gear this year and might actually buy myself a decent pair of skis! Got uber yummy boots last year.

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's why I went back for my PhD! So I could afford to do two mega-equipment intesive sports. Actually, 3 if you count the boat/fishing, but that's what DH's job is supporting.

I finally stopped buying dive gear this year and might actually buy myself a decent pair of skis! Got uber yummy boots last year.

We have to factor in huge travel costs to ski, but we do have world class diving right on our back door step!

:laugh:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
We have to factor in huge travel costs to ski, but we do have world class diving right on our back door step!

:laugh:
Wow. I know a whole scuba club up here in freezing, rural Maine that would absolutely drool over this possibility. Water never gets above 62 here. DH is the only one in the club w/o a drysuit - I can't believe he dives in this part of the North Atlantic w/o a drysuit....but they are $$$$$$ - you're right, 2 expensive sports are the max....beyond max for us. Good drysuits are like $3,000!! :eek: That would buy an awfully nice ski vacation! For BOTH of us!!

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
PAHHHH!!!! Put that $3000 towards a trip to the Barrier Reef or the Solomon Islands and ditch the suit altogether!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
PAHHHH!!!! Put that $3000 towards a trip to the Barrier Reef or the Solomon Islands and ditch the suit altogether!
Indeed....and with all the time he spent Down Under on business +-10 years ago, I cannot believe he didn't do a short holiday at the Barrier Reef :doh: Actually, what would interest me more is the skiing in New Zealand!!! What's it like?

LouWho

Diva in Training
Better, do both! I have friends who did the whole ski/dive NZ trip and LOVED it! It's the ultimate compromise!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Better, do both! I have friends who did the whole ski/dive NZ trip and LOVED it! It's the ultimate compromise!
Oh boy----this sounds like DH's ideal vacation. Maybe someday...

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm no expert on New Zealand, I've never skied there. We ski here on most weekends when there is good snow (we are a 5 hour drive from a ski resort) but I like to save my holiday time to ski in the US or Europe. One thing that puts me off the NZ resorts is that most of them don't have accommodation on the mountain, you have to drive up from the base towns, and the roads are really, really, terrifyingly people drive off them and die kind of bad. My stepfather owned a house in one of the base towns years ago, after one very scary drive, he sold the house and never drove up there again!

If I ever went there it would be to some of the club fields (small, off piste areas with rope tows), or to heli ski. Maybe one day,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly